• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

So running out of things, so went with the Netflix top of the week list.

Netflix:  Gunpowder Milkshake  A poor female version of John Wick.  It was a good attempt.  And there were moments of hope, but overall just seemed lacking.  It's worth a look for action junkies/Wick fans.  Other than that, it's a pass.

Netflix:  Virgin River  Yeah, thought this would be like a small town detective show, but it was a total chick series.  This totally goes with that As Good as it Gets quote.  How do you write women so well.  I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.  That's pretty much what this show is.  If your significant other asks to watch it with them, tell they you would rather watch a Dodger game.

"Pig" with Nicolas Cage is a fantastic movie. One of my favorites of the year so far. It's a pseudo-thriller that goes in all sorts of unexpected directions. Nic Cage is one of the best actors out there if he's given the right script.

Movie:  Black Widow  Marvel is just going through the motions.  Nothing special about this one.  They hint at Budapest, but only few details.  A lot of character development that just seemed like going through the motions.  A lot of women as strong.  But was kind of lost and pandering.  Villains could have been great, but feelings.  Some laughs, but really at themselves than funny.  Overall, pass unless you are a big Marvel fan.  And even if you are a marvel fan, small screen is good enough.  

Just watching season one of Bosch. I see why you guys recommended it @Tank and @Redondo, good show, thanks! I was slow to the party as I thought here's another renegade detective who does it his own way show, but to be fair the lead guy Titus Welliver plays a very convincing version of the cliché and plays it well. Enjoying Marlo Stansfield in a suit too, he was excellent in The Wire so it's interesting to see him playing a different sort. Yes, very good so far and I adore the trumpet melody on the intro credits too, very catchy. Thanks guys.

Going back in time and watching the Hill Street Blues series all over again.

What really stands out is how none of the Morning roll call could ever happen now. The entire precinct would be in HR getting torn to shreds for everything they say or do to each other. And yet, that is how a lot of America started their day at work in the early 80's. 

Spoiler

For a drama they included a lot of comedy including casting their SWAT commander as a farcical clown. 

3 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Just watching season one of Bosch. I see why you guys recommended it @Tank and @Redondo, good show, thanks! I was slow to the party as I thought here's another renegade detective who does it his own way show, but to be fair the lead guy Titus Welliver plays a very convincing version of the cliché and plays it well. Enjoying Marlo Stansfield in a suit too, he was excellent in The Wire so it's interesting to see him playing a different sort. Yes, very good so far and I adore the trumpet melody on the intro credits too, very catchy. Thanks guys.

I like the music in this series as I've always liked jazz but never really knew who to follow or where to start. on a whim I looked up one of the songs & artists that was mentioned on Spotify and downloaded over 100 songs into what I'm calling a Bosch Jazz playlist. In my search, I discovered someone with far more knowledge and skill than me already created a specific Bosch playlist from the music on the show. Good stuff!

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

What really stands out is how none of the Morning roll call could ever happen now. The entire precinct would be in HR getting torn to shreds for everything they say or do to each other. And yet, that is how a lot of America started their day at work in the early 80's. 

Hide contents

For a drama they included a lot of comedy including casting their SWAT commander as a farcical clown. 

I used to watch that show all the time

Where are you watching it?

Amazon, Hulu?

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Hide contents

That was a great show back in the day.  What was common then would be considered a misfit or troubled crew now.  

I'm wondering how well ER holds up.  

Amazon:  The Tomorrow War  Action movie.  Kind of like Edge of Tomorrow.  Overall, it was an entertaining flick.  Had some issues with the ending.  But story was interesting enough.  Good film to watch if you like action movies.  I dare to say that this might have been better on the big screen.  

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Finished Bosch. What a good series. 

On S4 of Luther. Keeps getting more and more intense.

Have to find a new show for me and the wife.

Check out Lou's list I have been watching

I'm making comments on each show

Netflix:   Heist  A Docuseries detailing 3 big heists in the US.  One in Vegas, One in Miami, and One in Kentucky.  All three are told by people that actually did the heists, as they were all ready out of jail.  This was really informative, and interesting how simply these guys all pulled off million dollar heists.  Worth a watch for true crime buffs.

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Check out Lou's list I have been watching

I'm making comments on each show

after ignoring them for far too long (because i wasn't really watching netflix/hulu/prime shows), i started writing them down and now have a list.

started Lupin this afternoon. that's a whole lot of fun to watch. highly recommend.