• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Bad Blood  Another I'm late to the party show.  It's two seasons, not sure if it's cancelled or not.  But it's a pretty solid two seasons.  A ganster movie set in Canada.  Pretty bloody.  Pretty gangster.  A good one if you like that sort of show.

47 minutes ago, Lou said:

Correct on 2 points:

1. It's pretty good.

2. You're late to the party.

Added to my list

2 hours ago, Tank said:

So I watched thirst two episodes of Condor tonight, and even though it clearly says the first two seasons are included with Prime, I can’t watch any more episodes unless I sign up for a trial with Epix. Not happy about this development.

Finished both seasons of Jack Ryan. S1>S2. S2 wasn’t quite as creative and seemed to settle into too much formula stuff. 

Reveal hidden contents

That's what Amazon does to often

Some of the shows that @Lou recommends I can't get without Britbox or other add ons

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

That's what Amazon does to often

Some of the shows that @Lou recommends I can't get without Britbox or other add ons

It's to the point now, that if it's on Amazon.  I'll go to the last episode of the latest season just to make sure it's still part of prime.  It's up there in annoying levels to their movies that have commercials in it.  And it's not just one or two commercials, but what seems like a full network 5 minutes of commercials.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

So I watched thirst two episodes of Condor tonight, and even though it clearly says the first two seasons are included with Prime, I can’t watch any more episodes unless I sign up for a trial with Epix. Not happy about this development.

Finished both seasons of Jack Ryan. S1>S2. S2 wasn’t quite as creative and seemed to settle into too much formula stuff. 

Reveal hidden contents

@Tank I am worried about your short term memory.  I clearly warned you about this trap two days ago.

6 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

@Tank I am worried about your short term memory.  I clearly warned you about this trap two days ago.

You did, but below the graphic for the show it says seasons 1 & 2 included for Prime members. It says the same thing for Bosch, The Fall, Unforgotten, etc and I was able to watch those all the way through. Figured it would be likewise for Condor.

6 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

I think you have to give it more time.

I’ll likely watch it to the bitter next but I’m really not enjoying it. The time travel thing is weird, and I’m constantly annoyed whenever Mobius speaks because he talks at the absolute lowest volume a human can speak. 

43 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’ll likely watch it to the bitter next but I’m really not enjoying it. The time travel thing is weird, and I’m constantly annoyed whenever Mobius speaks because he talks at the absolute lowest volume a human can speak. 

CC

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8178650/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 

The Victim 2019 a BBC production so you might get it on Britbox or online.

Wow, highly recommend this. High quality four-part British drama with a final episode that has some of finest acting I've seen in a while. Powerful, gripping stuff and a real tearjerker. The final episode really elevates the whole piece to another level. Top TV.

7 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Wow, highly recommend this. High quality four-part British drama with a final episode that has some of finest acting I've seen in a while. Powerful, gripping stuff and a real tearjerker. The final episode really elevates the whole piece to another level. Top TV.

I'll check and see if I get that without Britbox

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

I finished Whtiechappel this morning. The final season was too macabre for me. It also feels like the series is incomplete by not wrapping up some of the story lines.

Pretty gory last season

Netflix:  Sweet Tooth.   So this one is based on a DC comic.  Story of all things, is a pandemic that kills people, and all new babies are hybrid human/animals.  I went in with no expectations, especially after I saw it was from DC.  I can say that I was pleasantly surprised.  This isn't a superhero movie, and more of a comic story.  But definitely a well told one.   It's one I would recommend.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:07 PM, WicketMaiden said:

Thanks…I was wondering about this. It’s on Amazon Prime with a BritBox subscription.

1 hour ago, failos said:

Thanks…I was wondering about this. It’s on Amazon Prime with a BritBox subscription.

Yeah I looked it up yesterday and Britbox is needed

Anyone have Britbox?

Looked like they had a 40% off deal so only $39.99 for first year

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Yeah I looked it up yesterday and Britbox is needed

Anyone have Britbox?

Looked like they had a 40% off deal so only $39.99 for first year

That's a bargain if you like British TV. Lots of quality stuff on Britbox including some really interesting three and four part true crime dramas - Manhunt, Des, and Appropriate Adult are excellent dramas after you've watched The Victim. Between @Lou and I, you should get your money's worth.

EDIT: Brilliant performance from The Wire's 'McNulty' in Appropriate Adult - he plays a serial murderer with a subnormal IQ and completely nails it.