• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

5 hours ago, Lou said:

@Redondo have you watched Baptiste? It's a spin-off of The Missing. 

No I haven't seen it yet. How are you watching it?

We are in season 3 of Bosch. It's a must watch.

Also have been watching a little of the Innocent Man by John Grisham. Only 2 episodes in and it is interesting so far.

@nate as to not ruin Twitter, did you watch the entire series of Mad Men?  I am not sure I have ever heard of any guy not liking that show.  

I guess I will ask, how do you guys feel about Mad Men?  On a scale of Cop Rock to Sopranos how would you rate Mad Men?

Netflix:  Colony.  Series about an Alien invasion.  I'm on season 3 of it.  And I like it.  Although there are times you think they are morons, and it's stupid they did that.  They actually don't follow the norm of these types of shows.  They do something stupid, and after thinking and calling them morons, the show usually has a consequences for those actions.  And they keep introducing little bits, that make  you question things about the narrative of the story.  Almost like seeing a new viewpoint.  One thing weird about the show, that you really don't get over till around season 3.   It's like you are watching young Denzel as one of the actors.  Anyways, if you like alien invasion shows, I'd recommend it.

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

@nate as to not ruin Twitter, did you watch the entire series of Mad Men?  I am not sure I have ever heard of any guy not liking that show.  

I guess I will ask, how do you guys feel about Mad Men?  On a scale of Cop Rock to Sopranos how would you rate Mad Men?

I saw most of it, my wife watched it and loved it.  I felt like it was just a period piece daytime soap opera.  It had tons of absurd drama and every scene felt like them making sure you knew times were different back then.

What made Sopranos so good was that it wasn't full of sappy love shit, and the story always kept moving along.  Same with The Wire and West Wing.  The characters were deep and interesting and believable.  I never felt that at all about Mad Men.

On May 8, 2019 at 6:51 PM, Redondo said:

No I haven't seen it yet. How are you watching it?

We are in season 3 of Bosch. It's a must watch.

Also have been watching a little of the Innocent Man by John Grisham. Only 2 episodes in and it is interesting so far.

1. As with everything I watch, on my Fire TV.

2. Bosch is one of my favorites. 

3. No, but I'll definitely put it on my list. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

I would put it on my top 10 favorite shows list. The writing is off the charts good and the acting is phenomenal. I know many would disagree with me but I would put the first season as the best single season of any television drama. The following seasons are good but not on the same level. Now that's an opinion that I came to after sitting with the show for a long period of time. There is a level of depth that one needs to appreciate in order to come to a similar conclusion.

Amazon;  Bosch:  Season 5.  Yes.  And I was surprised how much of the show was filmed in my area, especially around the Ebell Theater.  And the funny thing is, that scene that was filmed in front of my house was cut.  Although it looks like they did a scene inside, and I saw my fence through the window.  So when I sell my house, I'm going to say that my house was used in the show Bosch.  The only qualm I thought about season 5 was I thought it was too busy.  They were really trying to jam in too many storylines.  

10 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

HBO - Chernobyl miniseries 

Two episodes in, very interesting and scary.  The initial denial by the officials at the plant, the lack of equipment that could detect extremely high radiation, just mind boggling. 

Spoiler

have they shown the part yet where john maclain and his son battle the bad guys?

Amazon:  Mr. Robot.  Was an enjoyable series.  A bit of Halt and Catch Fire.  With some Live Free and Die Hard.  Then they had the Soprano's angle.  With a little bit of Legion mixed in.  Really had you thinking through the 3 seasons.  Guess there is a 4th and final coming out.  

Avengers:  End Game.  Finally was able to see it.  Annoying kid whinning through the entire movie.  Then the English feed went out right at the start of the big battle.  But outside of that, was enjoyable.  Some minor things I didn't like.  Like how everyone was handling the infinity stones like they were nothing.  And they seemed to be going really heavy to go PC.  But it definitely did intertwine all of the movies and made for a very good end to phase 3.  Worth seeing in the movies, especially if you are invested in the other Avengers movies.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Slegnaac said:

HBO - Chernobyl miniseries 

Two episodes in, very interesting and scary.  The initial denial by the officials at the plant, the lack of equipment that could detect extremely high radiation, just mind boggling. 

To this day one of the most radioactive places on earth is the hospital basement where the Russian firefighters were taken after radiation exposure.  Firefighter suits were thrown down there and remain still (I believe).

5 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

To this day one of the most radioactive places on earth is the hospital basement where the Russian firefighters were taken after radiation exposure.  Firefighter suits were thrown down there and remain still (I believe).

I heard that with Chernobyl itself, Russian authorities simply filled in the entire facility with concrete and walked away (or something to that effect).

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:59 PM, gotbeer said:

Avengers:  End Game.  Finally was able to see it.  Annoying kid whinning through the entire movie.  Then the English feed went out right at the start of the big battle.  But outside of that, was enjoyable.  Some minor things I didn't like.  Like how everyone was handling the infinity stones like they were nothing.  And they seemed to be going really heavy to go PC.  But it definitely did intertwine all of the movies and made for a very good end to phase 3.  Worth seeing in the movies, especially if you are invested in the other Avengers movies.

Finally saw it Saturday, 3 hours seemed more like 2 hours, that's how good it was.

John Wick:  Parabelum  Just a good ole shoot em up.  Lot's of violence.  Lot's of gore.  I also noticed that Wick doesn't fight fair, and nut shots quite often.  And Halle Berry was kick ass.  She should have been in the movie more.  So if you want a mindless, just enjoying bloodshed, kill kill kill with continuing fight scenes.  This movie is for you.