• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 6/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, gotbeer said:

Godzilla.  Better than the other one.  Too much human story line.  Not enough monsters.  But it's in my DNA, so it was like the best movie ever.  For everyone else, probably only if you like these types of monster movies.

I saw it Monday night. Weak storyline, but the special effects were great. Big ? for having old man Lannister in the cast. Favorite parts:

Spoiler

When Godzilla and Monster Zero destroy Fenway Park, and when the Titans all bow down to Godzilla at the end......?

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

I saw it Monday night. Weak storyline, but the special effects were great. Big ? for having old man Lannister in the cast. Favorite parts:

Hide contents

When Godzilla and Monster Zero destroy Fenway Park, and when the Titans all bow down to Godzilla at the end......?

Spoiler

Wait.  Fenway park was destroyed?  I thought that was how it always looked.  Human story line was weak.  Monster story line was awesome.  I cared more about what happened to Mothra and wanted more of that backstory than what happened to any human.  

On 6/4/2019 at 10:15 AM, Mark68 said:

After being disappointed by the end of Game of Thrones, I jumped into another HBO show.

Chernobyl is excellent. 

Apparently, due to the popularity of the HBO mini-series, Putin has green-lit a Russian version of the story where the reactor is sabotaged by CIA operatives. No joke.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Binged Good Omen's on Amazon Prime a British production. Nice twist on the whole war between Heaven and Hell. Michael McKeon plays an eccentric witch hunter and pulls of the accent and mannerisms very well.

Was just going to post on it.  I thought it played off really slow.  Didn't like the flow of the series at all.  And not sure if the payoff at the end was worth it.  Just seemed like there was too much going on, and not enough time to develop it properly.  The only good thing is, the series is really short.  So not much lost time watching it.  

I've been watching Legends of Tomorrow, and it feels like it really hit its stride in Season 4. Totally silly, and it really embraces the silliness. Maybe I"m a simpleton, but I think it's pretty Facking funny. 

Just watched the first episode of Chernobyl. I don't think I can watch any more. This is a horror story of unthinkable levels and yet it actually happened. I really do not want this in my mind when I try to go to sleep. 

On 6/7/2019 at 4:46 PM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

I've been watching Legends of Tomorrow, and it feels like it really hit its stride in Season 4. Totally silly, and it really embraces the silliness. Maybe I"m a simpleton, but I think it's pretty Facking funny. 

Praise Beebo, God of War

On 5/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, HaloJustinBieber said:

To this day one of the most radioactive places on earth is the hospital basement where the Russian firefighters were taken after radiation exposure.  Firefighter suits were thrown down there and remain still (I believe).

Havent watched this yet, now ill have to.

A friend of mine went there few years back. Its high on my list. Very photogenic. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, Taylor said:

Rocketman is a phenomenal movie. It blows Bohemian Rhapsody out of the water. 

Loved both movies.   Ty Eggerton better have a strong chance of winning an Oscar.    Both Elton and Bernie Taupin were blown away by how good Rocketman was.

Spoiler

His singing was off the charts, and the portrayal was so good.    The actor portraying Bernie Taupin was really good too.   

I saw Dark Phoenix a couple days ago. Better than expected based on the bad reviews, and far better than the previous disastrous attempt at a Phoenix movie (if you're an X-nerd).

Re-watched Lars and the Real Girl. Great, touching film. Ryan Gosling is a strong actor.

Watched I am Mother on Netflix. Excellent, although not great, SF film.

Extinction on Netflix was mediocre, but more like a solid SyFy channel TV movie than a feature film.

Captive State was pretty good but not great. Felt a bit like a rough draft that needed further work.

Sash Baron Cohen's Who Is America? was hilarious, as always.