• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On March 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Dirt.  Was enjoyable.  Sure not the full story, but still fun.  But I thought it would have been a much better movie if it was a 10-12 episode season instead.  A lot of it seemed rushed and not fully explained.  

I love Parker Schnabel!

3 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I just finished Informer on Amazon. It is just one season but i thought it was good.  Reminds me of The Wire but British.  The lead actor for Raza had never acted before on TV and I thought he was the best one on the screen.  

I thought it was great and recommended it here recently. 

Netflix:  The Highwaymen.  Movie about the apprehension of Bonnie and Clyde from the Texas Rangers point of view. Costner, Harrelson, and Bates did not disappoint.   I thought it was solid all the way through and worth the watch. Definitely recommend it.

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Highwaymen.  Movie about the apprehension of Bonnie and Clyde from the Texas Rangers point of view. Costner, Harrelson, and Bates did not disappoint.   I thought it was solid all the way through and worth the watch. Definitely recommend it.

The story of the two main characters is pretty interesting. They were cold blooded killers in their own right but with a badge. Frank Hamer is a Texas legend as a Ranger. They tried to flesh out his career in short little snippets but he was about as bad ass as anyone ever was. 

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Is Gomorrah good? I started to watch the movie but never finished it. Curious about the show.

Italian mafia show. Have to read closed caption because it's in Italian.

I liked it, but my wife didn't like all the violence

On 3/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, gotbeer said:

Watched it yesterday. Well done movie, but too long.

Costner likes to make long movies which could be shortened up and still be good.

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

Is Gomorrah good? I started to watch the movie but never finished it. Curious about the show.

I like it, too.  Didn't care for the movie.in fact, I don't recall finishing it either. 

49 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I started Jack Taylor yesterday. Not really impressed so far. Only watched the first episode.

Does it get better?

Thinking of starting Bodyguard

I would rate them both as meh. I got sucked in by Bodyguard's first episode, which I really liked. 

Have you watched Jack Irish? much less dramatic, but more light-hearted entertainment . (my gf likes it much better than Jack Taylor). 

On 3/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, Blarg said:

The story of the two main characters is pretty interesting. They were cold blooded killers in their own right but with a badge. Frank Hamer is a Texas legend as a Ranger. They tried to flesh out his career in short little snippets but he was about as bad ass as anyone ever was. 

When Woody Harrelson told the story about the raid that pretty much suspended the Rangers.  I thought that was a pretty great scene.  It gave great backstory, but also set up what was to come.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:15 AM, Lou said:

Have you watched it yet? I watched the entire season in 2 nights. 

The only thing I'll say is that it's not like Curb Your Enthusiasm. 

Reveal hidden contents

Just watched it over the weekend. I agree with your assessment, it was not like Curb. Some similar humor, and the same "social assassin" attitude that Larry has, but that all happens with the constant morbidity of Ricky Gervais character. Curb has a much more upbeat vibe. 

Good, not great. 

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  Hanna.  I'm about half way through the season.  It's been pretty disappointing.  No flow to the show.  Kid goes from disciplined killer to off the rails.  I'd pass.

saw the trailer.

have no interest in watching it 

1 hour ago, failos said:

Today’s episode of Billions is the best in the series IMO. Such a relief after the slow start to the season.

How are you able to watch it early? I was able to last week, but this week it wants me to wait until 6. Not sure how or why and can't seem to find an app on my PS4.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How are you able to watch it early? I was able to last week, but this week it wants me to wait until 6. Not sure how or why and can't seem to find an app on my PS4.

Amazon Prime Video. Last week I had my episode a day early, but usually it becomes available at 12AM

1 minute ago, failos said:

Amazon Prime Video. Last week I had my episode a day early, but usually it becomes available at 12AM

I'm on their website and it's there. Not sure how my DVR had it Sunday morning last week.

Showtime is the only one that doesn't have an app for my set up. I'm able to get it on my phone or iPad, but not the PS4.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm on their website and it's there. Not sure how my DVR had it Sunday morning last week.

Showtime is the only one that doesn't have an app for my set up. I'm able to get it on my phone or iPad, but not the PS4.

Yep and showtime's app is hot garbage. That's why I like Prime Video (using it for both Showtime and HBO).