• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I loved it. I love how the season was about the characters and relationship before the case.

Been up all night with my the past two with my newborn son. (1st kid)...so far we've watched: A Star is Born, American Gangster, Shawshank Redemption. Currently rewatching Boondocks Saints.

congrats! how old is your son? 

if you care to purge on a tv series (or twelve), let us know what genre you guts enjoy and we can help you out 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

congrats! how old is your son? 

if you care to purge on a tv series (or twelve), let us know what genre you guts enjoy and we can help you out 

He's 1 month today. Came 8 weeks early; just brought him home on Monday from the NICU. He's doing excellent...love crime thrillers and dramas, suspense films, and stand up comedy. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

He's 1 month today. Came 8 weeks early; just brought him home on Monday from the NICU. He's doing excellent...love crime thrillers and dramas, suspense films, and stand up comedy. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

Cool dude...congrats! You'll get lot's of help here. 

6 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

talk to @Adam. He *might* be willing to share some of his kids Disney videos with you if you ask nicely.

Congrats on successfully reproducing!

8 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I've really enjoyed Animal Kingdom (american version). About a really dysfunctional criminal family in No San Diego County.  think you can stream it from the TNT website and it's probably on Netflix or Amazon by now. There's a new season "coming soon"

18 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

that's great. what's his name?  of my nephews went through the same thing (8 weeks early) and has been just fine. I remember the visits to see him in the hospital and the joy my brother and SIL had when they got to take him home.(he was their first child, too)  he's 11 now, a straight A student, bilingual (SIL is a honky) and can beat anyone here in golf. (funcle brag)

so here's a list I previously posted :us

On March 27, 2018 at 1:45 AM, Lou said:

Luther 

Broadchurch

The Killing

The Fall

Ripper Street

Grantchester

Wallander

State of Play 

Whitechapel

The Escape Artist

Endeavor 

Touching Evil

you might want to check them out on IMDb to see which ones peak your interest. the first few are my favorites.  are you guys only interested in English language or do you watch other euro shows? i.e. are you averse to subtitles?

On April 19, 2018 at 3:25 AM, Redondo said:

2 shows into The Break. French murder mystery. Starting off well with a good plot.

was looking for shows to watch so I went back through this thread and found this. 

i'm on E4 and am really liking it. 

On February 26, 2019 at 9:10 AM, gotbeer said:

Netflix.  Umbrella Academy.  Superhero flick.  Kind of predictable.  But it was a fun watch because I'm a superhero nerd.  For others, it's probably a pass.

I was bored so I decided to give it a chance. watched the first two episodes. on a scale of 1-10, I give it a . . . .

f'n sucks. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

I was bored so I decided to give it a chance. watched the first two episodes. on a scale of 1-10, I give it a . . . .

f'n sucks. 

I ended up watching the first season waiting for the payoff.  It was slow, Ellen Page is the same character she plays in everything and the payoff was the last 10 minutes that sets it up for the second season.  Definitely not something I'd recommend to anyone I like.

Netflix:  Pine Gap.  A Aussie/US who done it spy movie.  It was interesting, but kind of predictable.  A time killer more than anything.

Netflix:  Rebellion.  About the Irish Rebellion.  Went through 2 episodes, and am kind of bored with it.  It just seems to be going through the motions.  Probably won't continue with it.

9 hours ago, Lou said:

that's great. what's his name?  of my nephews went through the same thing (8 weeks early) and has been just fine. I remember the visits to see him in the hospital and the joy my brother and SIL had when they got to take him home.(he was their first child, too)  he's 11 now, a straight A student, bilingual (SIL is a honky) and can beat anyone here in golf. (funcle brag)

So he speaks 3 languages, Spanish, English and caucasian?

14 hours ago, Lou said:

you might want to check them out on IMDb to see which ones peak your interest. the first few are my favorites.  are you guys only interested in English language or do you watch other euro shows? i.e. are you averse to subtitles?

Roman Abraham. So far everything has been great with home, no major issues thankfully!

I will look into your shows...I've seen a few of them on the list, but forgot about Ripper Street. Ill give that a watch. I love foreign shows, too. 

16 hours ago, Lou said:

No Peeky Blinders?   Whada fook, mate?

Speaking of PB is there going to be more of that show?

6 hours ago, Lou said:

look about 10 posts up 

Nice. You should watch The Bureau (Sundance Now). It’s a very realistic French spy show starring Matthieu Kassovitz. I watched it on Amazon. It deals with ISIS, Syria, Russia, Iran, etc...

Edited by failos

Did a deep dive into Letterkenny on Hulu last weekend. Just a freaking great comedy. It’s set in small town Canada, and has some truly great writing behind it. The dialogue is fantastic, and most of the actors are really freaking good (there are one or two that are kinda meh). I’d highly recommend it.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:24 AM, Lou said:

Have you watched 'Bodyguard' yet... the preview looked really solid.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

I feel like this movie is highly underrated.

I agree. Most of my friends have never seen it or even heard of it. If I remember correctly, it came out just after 9/11 and a movie about the moral ambiguity of a CIA operation was not something the public wanted to see. 

A couple of years ago at Christmas I gave my brother some framed film cells from an original print of Spy Game. He has them hanging on his wall at work because we loved that movie so much back in the day.