• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

New Billions season is on demand and out today before it's scheduled time. Finishing the season finale again as a replay and see it's available. 

watched E1 of the new season. 

Axe vs Taylor is going to be good

51 minutes ago, Lou said:

watched E1 of the new season. 

Axe vs Taylor is going to be good

They have a few good arcs going. I still find it hilarious that John Malkovich is damn near identical to Teddy KGB in Rounders. Speaking of which, I saw a name that looked familiar from that movie....Michael Rispoli, he was the backer/goon in that flick and plays the commissioner in the new season. Doesn't look the same until I saw the credits and looked again, even though he has the same NY Italian goon accent. Makes sense these dudes are in since Brian Koppelman and David Leiven write the show and wrote Rounders.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Can’t imagine how exciting a full season of milk stools and cheese making would be, but whatever floats your boat, mang.

I think you'd love the show. it's hilarious 

WARNING:  LANGUAGE 

Has anyone watched After Life on Netflix? It stars Ricky Gervais, who I find hilarious, and has a Curb your Enthusiasm look to it. 

Finishing up the last season of The Americans, and will probably start After Life next.

On March 19, 2019 at 6:35 AM, NJHalo said:

Has anyone watched After Life on Netflix? It stars Ricky Gervais, who I find hilarious, and has a Curb your Enthusiasm look to it. 

Have you watched it yet? I watched the entire season in 2 nights. 

The only thing I'll say is that it's not like Curb Your Enthusiasm. 

Spoiler

I thought it was very good. Funny, sad and poignant at times. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Have you watched it yet? I watched the entire season in 2 nights. 

The only thing I'll say is that it's not like Curb Your Enthusiasm. 

Reveal hidden contents

I have not gotten to it yet. How would you rate it on a 1-10? 

On 3/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Turn up Charlie.  Fun little series.  Quick 30 minute episodes.  Nothing too spectacular about it.  But a good time killer.

Spot on description.

Watched The Dirt last night which is the Nextflix movie based on Nikki Sixx's book.  Worth the watch for entertainment value and if you have the time.  I've heard there's quite a bit from the book that didn't make it into the movie but that's to be expected when a lot of books get made into a single movie.  

Netflix:  The Guild.  This is an oldie.  Probably one of the first crowdsourced/web shows.  They put the episodes into one big episode, instead of the little 5 or so minute episodes.  So episode 1 is a combination of all the little clips they had for season 1.  If you have never seen it on youtube before.  Whenever Felicia Day talks like she's doing a video journal, that's the beginning of the episode.  It's probably kind of weird if it's the first time you've seen the series.  If you are not into computer games, particularly MMPORG's, then this series is probably not for you.  Because it goes deep into the nerd in the basement story.  But if you have ever gotten into games like Warcraft, and you have never watched this series, then this is a glimpse into what you are or could have been.

The latest show that I have picked up on is Garage Rehab on Discovery. For those unaware, Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas invests in failing garages. He invests his money, time and contacts to rebuild the shops and give them all new equipment. The owners have to pay him back over time or he takes ownership (to my knowledge, this hasn't happened yet).

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  OA Season 2.  Not to be confused with AO, which is a whole season of complaining.  If you liked season 1, you will like season 2.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  That's about all I can say about it.  And if you haven't seen OA, then I'd recommend it.

Looking forward to watching this. The first season was very strange but very compelling and fun to watch.

On 11/15/2018 at 6:46 PM, Lou said:

watched the new Julio Roberts series The Homecoming.

imo, it was boring, utterly predictable and the acting was terrible. Roberts is awful. 

Is that Julia's brother?

Started a bit slow but I actually liked it.

Alita:  Battle Angel.  Had a free pass, so went and watched it.  It was ok.  It just didn't seem like it translated well.  And it just seemed like this should have been a multimovie series or even a TV series.  It just seemed rushed, and not fully thought out.   Graphics were nice.  Story was meh.  It had potential, but think it was a wasted opportunity.  Probably a bored and looking for something to watch type movie.  And this probably wouldn't be a first choice.