• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

7 hours ago, failos said:

Nice. You should watch The Bureau (Sundance Now). It’s a very realistic French spy show starring Matthieu Kassovitz. I watched it on Amazon. It deals with ISIS, Syria, Russia, Iran, etc...

seen it 

Sorry if it's been mentioned previously, but anyone watching The Start Up or The Oath on Sony Crackle? One good rating and one average, but they keep showing the commercials and they look like crime dramas up my alley. They keep hitting me with the commercials and is working on getting me interested to check out either or both.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned previously, but anyone watching The Start Up or The Oath on Sony Crackle? One good rating and one average, but they keep showing the commercials and they look like crime dramas up my alley. They keep hitting me with the commercials and is working on getting me interested to check out either or both.

I've run across the title The Start Up, but honestly, I figured it was a reality show about guys starting a company.

In preparation for the final season of Game of Thrones coming in April I've started re-watching the series from the beginning. It's amazing how different these early seasons feel from the most recent ones. They are slow, deliberately paced, packed with detail and insanely well written. All the details you'd hope to catch on a re-watch are there.

Spoiler

The pilot itself starts with a stream of foreshadowing, perhaps most prominent being Theon's comment that 'You Starks are hard to kill.' The depth of the foreshadowing makes me wonder about those moments that haven't really connected with anything yet. Ned telling Jon 'when you see me again, we'll talk about your mother' stands out with the reveal of Jon's true parents, and the recent teaser that finds Jon standing next to his father's statue in the crypt. 

The first season is also great at pulling these subtle slight of hand moves with how characters are perceived. 

Spoiler

Jon is treated like crap by the family, not just Caitlyn but even by Ned who allows it to go on, and ultimately seems determined to get rid of Jon by building up the Nights Watch as an honorable vocation rather than the life long prison colony it really is. Treated worse than Jon though is Theon, who despite being a little bitch is expected to act grateful for being a well treated prisoner.

My favorite bit I only picked up on the re-watch is the portrayal of Jaimie and Ned. We are meant to side with the protagonist, and it's easy to look down on Jaimie as seen through the eyes of Ned. It isn't until we see things from Jaimie's perspective in later seasons that we can see these early scenes with more context. Ned is a total dick to Jaimie in just about every scene they share. You almost wonder if Ned wasn't such a condescending prick to Jaimie if things might have turned out differently.

On first viewing we are presented with this idea that living your life honorably is the standard that individuals should be held to. The show slowly unpacks the absurdity and ultimate arrogance of honor as a narcissistic endeavor. On re-watch it's hard not to view Ned and Robb in this light, while Jaimie seems to be a far more complex reaction to it.

the expanse

season 1 was pretty good, but the start to 2 wasn't so great.  but it ended up getting really good.  halfway though s3 now, and it's a totally decent time suck. 

11 hours ago, Lou said:

I've run across the title The Start Up, but honestly, I figured it was a reality show about guys starting a company.

I see Ron Perelman is a lead, but even the synopsis sounds confusing, but the ads look cool. Sounds like some various criminal experts getting together to do crime or or point out corruption. 

But it's around a 8.1 or so on IMDB.

6 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

the expanse

season 1 was pretty good, but the start to 2 wasn't so great.  but it ended up getting really good.  halfway though s3 now, and it's a totally decent time suck. 

I thought season 3 really pulled season 1 and 2 together.  For a while the story seemed like it was off the rails.  Just IMO, but I thought season 3 was really a good payoff if you stuck with it.  But at the same time, I could see people being put off the series after season 1 and 2.

I'm watching season 2 of The Break on Netflix

Enjoying the interesting plot and all the twists

Spoiler

Inspector Yoaan Peeters gets pulled back into a murder investigation. Interesting plot and already full of twists.

Seems like all these high end inspectors/detectives have flaws. The writers bring their personal lives into the script and with all the pressure and stress they are under it gets strange at times.

Amazon:  The Widow.  Pretty much goes, husband is in an African country on a humanitarian job.  Flies on a plane, and the plane crashes.  She thinks he's dead, then sees a video and think he's alive.  Then goes to said country to find him.  Oh, did I mention they are white, and in the Congo where everyone else in the movie is black, except for the aid workers.  And no one notices them or can find them.  Yes, pretty much absurd.  It's a pass.

Just finished season 2 of The Break.

Enjoyed it very much. Lot's of twists and turns to the plot to keep the interest going.

Yoann Peters is one flawed Inspector, but follows through to the end.

Once again an intense finale to end the season