• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Santa Clarita Diet.  This one kind of surprised me.  I wasn't expecting much from it, but gave it a shot.  Zombie series, so that probably crosses out a lot of people.  And it's more of a comedy than anything.  And maybe I find it even more funny because everything I've seen Timothy Olyphant in (Deadwood, Justified), he's had that same serious weird style.  But in this one, it's that style but in a funny way that works well with Drew Barrymore.  So might be worth a look if you are looking for something light.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

you had never seen Tombstone? 

please tell me you've seen Silverado 

i LOVE silverado. kevin kline was a fun character and jeff goldblum was a snarky POS. the dinosaurs should have eaten him in jurassic park.

this is a weird thing, and maybe it's just me, but i always have liked the sound of these more modern westerns - the spurs, the guns, the hoofbeats of the horses, all of it. 

i'm not real proud to admit this, but i always thought the shootout at the ok corral was THE highlight of wyatt earp's life, and that he, his brothers, and doc holliday all died there, and that it was a disaster akin to the alamo. glad to be wrong on that one. and dana delaney . . . oh my . . .

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i LOVE silverado. kevin kline was a fun character and jeff goldblum was a snarky POS. the dinosaurs should have eaten him in jurassic park.

this is a weird thing, and maybe it's just me, but i always have liked the sound of these more modern westerns - the spurs, the guns, the hoofbeats of the horses, all of it. 

i'm not real proud to admit this, but i always thought the shootout at the ok corral was THE highlight of wyatt earp's life, and that he, his brothers, and doc holliday all died there, and that it was a disaster akin to the alamo. glad to be wrong on that one. and dana delaney . . . oh my . . .

Aren't you a history teacher?

Movies:  Shazam.  Think of the movie Big, but as a  superhero instead.  That's pretty much what this movie was.  Kind of got annoying after a while, everything was so drawn out.  But it does extend DC's use of absolutely powerful beings/gods as heroes.  It had it's moments.  But overall should be a wait till cable movie.  And spoiler, but DC is such a mess that they couldn't even show Superman.  Only from the shoulders down.

Finally finished my re-watch of Game of Thrones in preparation for tonight’s premiere. On second viewing I think season 5 is a lot better than given credit for. It was the first sign of some cracks in the storytelling because of some awful decisions and a few regretful scenes but overall an excellent, albeit flawed season of television.

While my opinions on 6 remain much the same I walked away feeling fairly confident that ‘The Winds of Winter’ was the best episode they’ve ever done, and a true testament to the great character development and generally excellent direction the series has achieved.

Season 7 though... somehow actually managed to feel worse. Perhaps binge watching it wasn’t the best way to help the huge change in pace feel more natural. Unfortunately on re-watch episode 6 is easily, far and away the ‘worst’ episode of the series. While that is a reasonably high bar for this series, in this particular case it is one of the few, if not only, flat out bad episode in the series. It’s bad enough to almost get me to give The Walking Dead another chance.... as if the two creative teams did some sort of swap or YouTube style collab for it. Yikes.

so I think that single moment really levels my expectations for this final season. Hopefully the extra time was spent working on the scripts and not on the epic battle sequences.

Showtime Documentary series: Action

About the world of sports betting.  It seems to be focused on what has happened since the Supreme court's ruling on legalized gambling. 

First two episodes were interesting.  I am looking forward to seeing how "Vegas Dave" fares in the upcoming episodes. 

Netflix:  Movie 43.  Kind of like a Kentucky Fried Movie.  Just little clips of weird stuff.  Overall, not bad if you are looking for an hour and a half to kill.  

Edit:  Just realized that after the credits, there is one last clip.  It's pretty much how I picture Rallymo's cats.

Edited by gotbeer