• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched the first two episodes of Chernobyl last night, and it is really good. Heck of a story that leaves one pretty angry at some of the things that are overlooked/dismissed/mis-reported by characters in the story. If that’s the way it really happened, then wow. 

My only issue with the show is that most of the main characters are speaking English with a British accent, but then some parts are in Russian (or Ukrainian). Inconsistencies like that are always odd choices to me. It’s one of the things that Narcos proved can be done correctly (meaning doing a show for an English-speaking audience that is primarily in another language) without insulting the audience or taking away from the story.

Holy crap the cast of Catch 22 is absolutely incredible. I remember watching parts of this too damn many years ago but didn't pay attention. Every face is recognizable. Every character has had a long career.

Except, of course, Art Garfunkel.  

On 5/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, Don said:

Watched the first two episodes of Chernobyl last night, and it is really good. Heck of a story that leaves one pretty angry at some of the things that are overlooked/dismissed/mis-reported by characters in the story. If that’s the way it really happened, then wow. 

My only issue with the show is that most of the main characters are speaking English with a British accent, but then some parts are in Russian (or Ukrainian). Inconsistencies like that are always odd choices to me. It’s one of the things that Narcos proved can be done correctly (meaning doing a show for an English-speaking audience that is primarily in another language) without insulting the audience or taking away from the story.

Nah, anything is better than a forced fake Russian accent.

Been watching the The Wire.

Coming to the end of season 2. Really enjoying this show and I hope it keeps up for the entire 5 seasons.

Also been watching The Vikings to break things up. Almost to the end of season 1

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Been watching the The Wire.

Coming to the end of season 2. Really enjoying this show and I hope it keeps up for the entire 5 seasons.

Also been watching The Vikings to break things up. Almost to the end of season 1

Re: The Wire - it does. one of my all-time favorites

Re:  Vikings - it took me a while to get into it, but ended up enjoying it. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

Just finished S2 of Killing Eve. Has anyone else watched this show? 

How about The Frankenstein Chronicles?

Yes to the Frankenstein Chronicles.  Yes it was a strange series.   Still on the fence on it.  So that should tell you something, considering who it's coming from.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yes to the Frankenstein Chronicles.  Yes it was a strange series.   Still on the fence on it.  So that should tell you something, considering who it's coming from.

I'm out.

jk just watched watched a couple of episodes and really liked them. 

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile  The Netflix movie about Ted Bundy   

Better than I expected. Zach Efron did a good job pulling off the charming part of Bundy's personality. The movie really concentrated on his relationship with girlfriend Liz, and his prosecution. Not much was shown of him committing his crimes, but rather showed the charismatic personality that made this sociopath so convincing. His intelligence allowed him to defend himself in court better than any attorney. I liked the banter he had with the Florida judge, played by John Malkovich.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Slegnaac said:

HBO - Chernobyl miniseries 

Two episodes in, very interesting and scary.  The initial denial by the officials at the plant, the lack of equipment that could detect extremely high radiation, just mind boggling. 

I'm three episodes in now, and wow, what an eye popping indictment of the Communist system in general. The first episode puts a lot of blame on the lead scientist running the plant and his insistent delusion about the situation they are in, despite all evidence. Beyond that though, the way their entire system of cronyism, party loyalty and blind faith comes together to create a perfect storm for disaster is being put on trial. If this wasn't a historical drama I'd almost classify it as dystopian. I think this series will go down as a prime example of the dangers associated with ceding power to the government and one party rule. It's real shame no one showed this to AOC back in school, in her formative years, lol.