• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On March 11, 2019 at 5:13 AM, Redondo said:

Just started season 2 of Rebellion

About the Irish Easter Uprising starting in 1916.

so I watched the first two episodes because the subject matter is interesting. however, they weren't very interesting, imo. I hope it gets better. 

Captain Marvel.  It was ok.  I thought the first half of the movie was kind of going through the motions.  It took a long time to develop her character.  And really her character seemed a little bland.  She was all kick ass and everything, but there really wasn't any personality in it.  This movie just seemed like it was going through the motions like the early movies of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor to introduce the characters and make a backstory so that when the Avengers was introduced, it would make sense.  Oddly, I find that Capt America has the best story lines and writing for his movies.  And I thought his would be the hardest to sell.

Overall ,if you are a follower of the Marvel movies, then you will want to see it, just so that Avengers End Game will make sense.  If you aren't, you could wait for cable.

On March 13, 2019 at 4:27 AM, Redondo said:

It does get better.

Season 2 starts off slow and ends strong also.

finished S1. while it did get better, I wasn't overwhelmed by it at all.

any other shows that I may have missed?

8 hours ago, Lou said:

finished S1. while it did get better, I wasn't overwhelmed by it at all.

any other shows that I may have missed?

Suburra - new Italian show. Looks similar to Gommorah

Dogs of Berlin - new

Old list:

Last Kingdom

Hinterland

The Five

Frontier

La Monte

River

Fauda

Frankenstein Chronicles

Marcella

Turn

Marco Polo

Same Sky

Under the Arctic Sky - Surfers in Iceland documentary. Good watch 40 minutes

Bordertown

Shetland

The Forest

Borderliner

Red Road

Occupied

Collateral

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Tin Star takes up where it left off, in the twisted minds of insane people that react to a world with no moral compass. Every violent action that takes place you can say, well, really the asshole deserved it. And that includes every character. 

Ha. so true 

Netflix:  The Order.  It's like a Harry Potter meets Twilight.  With kind of a messed up ending.  Never watched Twilight, but my guess is if you like the wizard and warewolf kind of stuff.  This would be of interest.  Probably not for most of you though.

Netflix:  Love Death + Robots.  I'm only 3 episodes in.  And so far it's phenomenal.  Episode 2 is the @RallyMo episode.  But they are short like 15 minute episodes, and it's an nc17 adult anime/graphic novel twilight zone mind trip.  Kind of in the Black Mirror type catches at the end.

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Love Death + Robots.  I'm only 3 episodes in.  And so far it's phenomenal.  Episode 2 is the @RallyMo episode.  But they are short like 15 minute episodes, and it's an nc17 adult anime/graphic novel twilight zone mind trip.  Kind of in the Black Mirror type catches at the end.

I started watching this yesterday and am now about 8 episodes in.  I think the longest episodes so far have been about 15 minutes while the shortest was maybe 5 minutes.  Really enjoying the different stories and animation.

Saw Triple Frontier earlier in the week and it was okay.  I think it started off much better than it ended.