• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

2 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

So this photographers claim to fame is he broke the Cole deal a day before it happened? 

Not sure if this was posted but still don’t fully believe him. Maybe he has a connection and they mentioned something, at best. 

Somebody google his portfolio. Gonna be funny if he has a bunch of easter pictures he took for artes family.

6 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

So this photographers claim to fame is he broke the Cole deal a day before it happened? 

Not sure if this was posted but still don’t fully believe him. Maybe he has a connection and they mentioned something, at best. 

This guy might actually be legit. His linkedin has him connected to Friedman, kevin brown the pitcher (i assume), and stick stickman, who I think threw 24 complete games in 1936

Screenshot_20211130-172509_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, ettin said:

Did not read the article but I have noted that the Rangers see an opportunity to compete in the A.L. West which has greater parity heading into 2022, i.e. all of the teams, except, perhaps, the Athletics are relatively equal and Texas sees an opportunity to sneak into the playoffs. Additionally, if the new CBA implements these expanded playoffs being discussed, that, too, could make it easier for the Rangers to get in as well.

The article just states that in the author’s opinion as well as some of his sources that Texas has more firepower in their offense which wasn’t very good last year and still need pitching.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have been saying for decades that I don’t really think there is such a thing as a lineup being “too right handed.”

Generally speaking, right handed hitters can adequately hit right handed pitching, otherwise they can’t survive in the majors.  Everyday players that are right handed don’t typically struggle against right handed pitching.

That is not true for left handed hitters.  You can have a long career in the majors as a left handed hitter even if you have trouble hitting left handed pitching.  Many everyday players that are lefties struggle against left handed pitching.  So it is very possible to have a lineup that is “too left handed.”

Well, in reality, I grew up and played during old baseball....hitting and running, bunt and running, steals etc. 

So, the lefty was used to shield the catchers ability to seeing the runner extend his lead or start moving....

So, yeah, in my mind being too right-handed is a problem.

But, I understand your thought process as well. We don't do much situational hitting any more! It's all about launch angles and pop ups and lazy fly balls! But, at least he had a Superior launch angle...And forget about steals! Those are only used to pad your stats towards an MVP trophy or MY STATS.

The art of base running has long since disappeared and why I thought Wong was dogshit. He was a horrid base runner and he couldn't read a ball in front of him for shit. And Maddon loved using him late in a game.

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Well, in reality, I grew up and played during old baseball....hitting and running, bunt and running, steals etc. 

So, the lefty was used to shield the catchers ability to seeing the runner extend his lead.

So, yeah, in my mind being too right-handed is a problem.

But, I understand your thought process as well. We don't do much situational hitting any more! It's all about launch angles and pop ups and lazy fly balls! But, at least he had a Superior launch angle...

home run baseball GIF by Boomerang Official