• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets & Rocker: A No-Go

khouse

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Then why didn't he sign?

Mets asked his asking price prior to picking him... Presumably he gave them a number. 

A day or two after the draft the Mets announced with a lot of fanfare they had agreed to deal, they even put up billboards trumpeting the "signing".... then the medicals took place and boom.

Rocker's side and a few Mets sources have basically said the Mets made no effort to come to an agreement since.   

He didn't sign because he told them his asking price and they basically agreed.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

saw some tweets suggesting rocker's arm/elbow is more of a concern than they first thought.

if that was true, then i don't see how there's any way he doesn't take the money. this sounds more like boras/rocker weren't happy with the slide and didn't want to accept #11 money. i think they saw him as the #1 pick and expected to be paid accordingly regardless of draft results.

also, good job halos on taking what seems like the right pick.

13 hours ago, eligrba said:

Why would someone forgo a free education and an opportunity to continue playing ball to play in an independent baseball league?  Something is not right…..Rocker is potentially starting down the cautionary tale route.

Boras……and his elbow isn’t right…..needed to take a structured deal of some kind and go from there….

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Well yeah.. I don’t give a shit about Arte Moreno anymore. I used to think he was great until he overstepped his baseball people and GM many times to hand pick the players he wanted. I won’t beat a dead horse because there are a ton of threads that highlight all the shitty things about this organization that are a direct result of Arte Moreno. 

having to pick a team to root for in the playoffs every September probably has skewed my view a bit tho… 

The Arte is a bad owner excuses takes blame from GMs.  I blame Dipoto equally when it comes to Albert and Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

If we somehow try to get him next year, the arm will probably fall off.

I'm starting to think there's something wrong with this franchise.

Quick reminder, we didn’t draft him, the Mets did.  We passed on him, this is a weird thread to say somethings wrong with the team when they actually did the right thing.  

47 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Boras……and his elbow isn’t right…..needed to take a strutted deal of some kind and go from there….

Life is going to hit this kid hard……bad advice or bad decision if his elbow isn’t right. Wow. 

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

if that was true, then i don't see how there's any way he doesn't take the money. this sounds more like boras/rocker weren't happy with the slide and didn't want to accept #11 money. i think they saw him as the #1 pick and expected to be paid accordingly regardless of draft results.

also, good job halos on taking what seems like the right pick.

it would be very eye-opening for darn near all of us here to listen in on a negotiating session between players & their agents and the team. I would guess what we *think* happens isn't highly accurate.