• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Jose Quintana (1 year, $8 million)

mmc

5 hours ago, Jinzu said:

By the numbers:

Bundy has been a #4, #2, #1. Settling closer to a #1/#2.

Heaney has been a #1, #4, #2. Settling closer to #2/#3.

Quintana has been a #3, #2. Settling closer to a #2.

Canning has been a #4, #3. Settling closer to a #3.

I appreciate what you are saying and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  

I think if you add floor, ceiling and potential for injury to this then you bring in another element

Bundy - floor #4, ceiling #1/2 (but not an ace).  Low prob for injury (missing less than 5 starts)

Heaney - floor #4, ceiling #2, intermediate to high prob for injury (missing 10+ starts.  up to a whole season)

Quintana - floor #4, ceiling #2, low prob for injury (missing less than 5 starts)

Canning - floor #4, ceiling #1 (but not an ace), intermediate to high prob for injury.  

Barria - floor #5, ceiling #3.  low prob for injury

Sandoval - floor #6/pen, ceiling #2.  low to intermediate prob for injury.  

Ohtani - floor #3, ceiling Ace.  High prob for injury.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I appreciate what you are saying and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  

I think if you add floor, ceiling and potential for injury to this then you bring in another element

Bundy - floor #4, ceiling #1/2 (but not an ace).  Low prob for injury (missing less than 5 starts)

Heaney - floor #4, ceiling #2, intermediate to high prob for injury (missing 10+ starts.  up to a whole season)

Quintana - floor #4, ceiling #2, low prob for injury (missing less than 5 starts)

Canning - floor #4, ceiling #1 (but not an ace), intermediate to high prob for injury.  

Barria - floor #5, ceiling #3.  low prob for injury

Sandoval - floor #6/pen, ceiling #2.  low to intermediate prob for injury.  

Ohtani - floor #3, ceiling Ace.  High prob for injury.  

Speaking of Barria, he's been doing really well in the Dominican League, but now he'll be representing Panama. 

EsTLsrxXcAAbwH3 (1).jpeg

In his five games with Tigres De Licey during the LIDOM winter league season he posted a 1.89 ERA, 5GS, 19IP, 18H, 6BB, 16K line.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Hope it's not too much longer before the team officially announces the signing.

Yeah, I'm not sure why it's taking so long. They have 40-man roster space, so that shouldn't be the issue.

It's possible there could be an issue with the physical, or they may just be hashing some technicalities in the deal out. Or, perhaps Quintana's a bit delayed in getting to Anaheim for a physical.

On 1/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, Jinzu said:

SP fWAR rank 2018

• Bundy - 1.0, 117th
  • Heaney - 3.1, 29th
  • Quintana - 1.6, 87th

SP fWAR rank 2019

• Bundy - 2.4, 55th
  • Heaney - 1.2, 104th
  • Quintana - 3.2, 38th
  • Canning - 1.3, 95th

SP fWAR rank 2020

• Bundy - 2.0, 12th
  • Heaney - 1.4, 34th
  • Quintana - 0.2, NR
  • Canning - 0.8, 68th

SP fWAR rank 2018-2020

• Bundy - 5.4, 47th
  • Heaney - 5.6, 46th
  • Quintana - 4.9, 57th

SP fWAR rank 2019-2020

• Bundy - 4.5, 29th
  • Heaney - 2.7, 67th
  • Quintana - 3.3, 51st
  • Canning - 2.3, 82nd

Making all four #2’s-3’s if pitching at least 150 innings each?

On 1/24/2021 at 7:04 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Making all four #2’s-3’s if pitching at least 150 innings each?

Which would be better than anything we've had since, oh I don't know, probably 2014, maybe even 2011 without looking deeper. 

So many here complain about us having a rotation of #3 and #4s, but that hasn't been accurate for some time. We've had guys who were maybe expected to be #3-types, or who were or could be #3-types, but I don't think we've had more than one or two guys in a rotation at any given time doing that. 

Everyone else has been hurt or worse. Like, AAAA worse.