• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Jose Quintana (1 year, $8 million)

mmc

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ScottT said:

It's remarkable how bad he's been.  Same could've been said for Harvey, Teheran, etc.  

You didn't expect much... hopefully decent results... but mang... I don't know ow what's going on with these acquisitions.  Cobb is the exception?

Bundy in 2020 was good….

19 hours ago, mmc said:

Out of all our shitty rotation signings I really thought this would be the one to pan out.  Thought he’d at least be a decent back end guy.  Dude is straight cheeks though

He was probably the surest bet they signed performance wise, least amount of red flags.  Nothing about his season has made a lot of sense --- Baseball is weird.

Quintana won't be here next year, it serves no purpose keeping him around but here we are... If they are worried going with younger guys will yield worse results then it's not just Arte that cant see the forest for the trees.

Better to get a look of some of the younger guys now than in April.

Really hoping we see another call-up or two...I'd like to see if Cooper Criswell can hold his own against MLB hitters, and Ortega and Tyler deserve a look too. 

Curious to see what happens with Robinson Pina too...I feel he's one of our better pitching prospects and he's R5 eligible this season. He hasn't even made his AA debut yet, but if he shows well in a game or three, might see him get 'rushed' for some September innings. Yan's on the 40-man too, could be a possibility. 

That said, they need to proceed with caution when it comes to calling guys up and adding a bunch to the 40-man. We have a ton of guys R5 eligible this winter and really not a ton of bloat to trim off, at least without trimming away the bullpen depth we need already. We don't want to get in a position where we wind up losing guys to waiver claims or R5 just because we wanted to see Kyle Tyler get 10 MLB innings or something.