• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

8 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If they Angels swing a trade for Musgrove ($3.75M for 2021) then I'd say there's a strong chance we see the Angels land Bauer. 

I think that number is pre-arb.  2022 shows him arb 3,  Think i read he is expected to make about 5.5m this year in arb.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So, Spotrac has the Angels at around $30 million under the tax.  Cots has them around $38 million under.  Cots doesn’t include arb figures?  Anyone know if these are accurate? 

Cot's is widely considered to be the most accurate.  Sportrac is very inaccurate.  Cot's, however, does take a bit more time to update.  

The guy who runs the Cot's website is fairly responsive and helpful.

44 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Of all the realistic combinations of 2 SP to add; Bauer and Musgrove is the best IMO

It’s the only combo that makes sense to me personally without gutting the farm. Snell is gonna cost way to much in prospect capitol. Rather just sign our Ace and trade for our #3 starter.

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

It’s the only combo that makes sense to me personally without gutting the farm. Snell is gonna cost way to much in prospect capitol. Rather just sign our Ace and trade for our #3 starter.

My only concern with Musgrove (though he's my top option) is he's only under contract for two seasons. If he requires Adell and/or Marsh (plus quite a lot more), that's a lot to give up for two seasons, which gives me slight pause.

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

My only concern with Musgrove (though he's my top option) is he's only under contract for two seasons. If he requires Adell and/or Marsh (plus quite a lot more), that's a lot to give up for two seasons, which gives me slight pause.

Then perhaps it's more of a package of volume involving Adams like this...

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 4.37.32 PM.png

Just now, Redondo said:

If we can get him for that package then it's worth it

Would the Pirates bite?

Well they're not in win-now mode so sending high-rewards prospects in Adams and Jackson could be intriguing. Plus, they'll get Sandoval and Thaiss who are MLB ready. They've also got a mid level farm system which isn't ideal for a team looking to rebuild a bit. 

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

I don’t know if I’d get rid of Jordyn Adams just yet for Musgrove. We still need a contingency plan if Adell doesn’t pan out. Or if Marsh doesn’t pan out.

Honestly, I'd rather take my chances on those guys than our 3rd OF prospect who's a few years away. Adell could build more value in AAA this season too if need be. 

Either way, one is likely to go this offseason. If it's for Musgrove then I hope it's only with Adams. If it's Marsh or Adell they should be packaged for other guys like Gray/Snell/Marquez/Castillo 

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I'm sorry but there's no way I would Trade Adam's for Musgrove. Adams is a top 100 prospects and one with an huge upside. 

Plus I also dont see the hype on Musgrove..he's like another Heaney, has shown the stuff but can't put it together.

i don't recall if i've seen musgrove pitch or not, so i don't know too much about him. just looking at his seasons stats i tend to agree with you. i don't see why he would require such a haul of talent.

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

not sure Musgrove has another gear.  He's probably going to be what he's already been.  A solid starter.  Personally, I think we can do better and again, I think the Pirates are gonna want something that I don't think he's worth.  

I am guessing during this unique time, players with club-friendly contracts or with club control will cost more than what they are worth.  There is probably better trade value in taking on a larger contract than looking for a club-friendly or club-controlled player.  I'm not advocating for one over the other but I we should all be prepared for the true cost of doing a transaction.

The Pirates have enough guys that could help fill other needs here that I would certainly entertain adding premium prospect capital into a deal if it took care of a couple needs.

On top of Musgrove you could look at Taillon, Brault, numerous relievers, Stallings for catcher, Frazier for OF/UT, Polanco in RF...so if you’re hesitant parting with a top guy for Musgrove, look into expanding it.