• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

I don't think people understand how bad these contracts are. 

Castellanos is still on the hook for 64 mil, and outside of his bat, which is average, he does not have anything esle to offer. 

People are complaing about Upton, Castellanos isn't any better. 

Moose isn't any better either. 

these two cobtract are probably unmovable at this time. 

8 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I don't think people understand how bad these contracts are. 

Castellanos is still on the hook for 64 mil, and outside of his bat, which is average, he does not have anything esle to offer. 

People are complaing about Upton, Castellanos isn't any better. 

Moose isn't any better either. 

these two cobtract are probably unmovable at this time. 

Castellanos is on the hook for $48 million not $64.  But you’re right it’s ugly nonetheless. 

Not something I'd care for but if it got us Castillo without destroying our system I think it's a legitimate option.

I honestly don't think the Reds even want to trade him. But if they are getting to unload one of those awful contracts then they might be open to it.

Does it benefit the Angels? Depends. The issue I have is it's adding $16 million in payroll ($17-18 million, really) and leaves little room to add another starter. 

But, it does leave room for a solid reliever and catcher.

Whatever. Not my money.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

How about instead of Bauer, they go instead for depth?

Sign Odorizzi, YaMo, Pillar, and Bradley.   Trade for Musgrove.

Bauer adds depth by pushing everyone back. 

We don't need to build a rotation around having depth "just in case". We need good pitchers. As many good pitchers as possible. 

I'm not "Bauer or Bust" but he is absolutely the best pitcher available.

10 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'd be fine taking on Moustakas to lower the protect capital in acquiring Castillo. Moose goes to 1B where he's adequate defensively, and Walsh moves out to RF. If he hits, we've got a new #2 hitter and starting corner OF.

What is the expected trade that the Reds are looking for in order to trade Castillo and include Moose’s contract?

Something like Adell and Kochanowicz?

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What is the expected trade that the Reds are looking for in order to trade Castillo and include Moose’s contract?

That would be my guess, but I always err on the side of giving up too much.

Also just realized Castellanos would block Marsh so no go there. He has no other position to play other than taking at bats away from Ohtani.

I think the only way The Reds and Angels make that trade is if there is a 3rd team involved, who needs Castellanos or Moose. They could throw in a couple of prospects the Reds way, and the Angels throw in 2-3 prospects. That way the Halo's get a pitcher, the 3rd team gets either  Moose or Castellanos, and the Reds get payroll relief. Will it happen? Ehh.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Not sure. Rough estimate based on Will Wilson essentially being with 7 million makes me think Adell and Kochanowicz are worth 20 million together. Castillo across the next three years is probably worth 50 million in excess value. Moustakas makes 52 million across the next three years,, which again, rough estimate, is probably in the hole 22 million. 

So the Angels probably come out ahead 8 million in value in that deal. I think it would probably require Adell, Kochanowicz and Jam Jones. 

Yeah, it improves the offense and pitching, but that's too steep of a price. I think I'd rather just spend the money on Bauer and Sugano (overspend is more like it) and keep the prospects. 

I'd be Surpised if the Reds trade Castillo in a slary dump. He's there biggest trade piece and why would they trade in a trade that lower's his value. He could easyily get a grand package.

I do think that Gray has the highest chance of getting traded in a salary dump. Moustakas is payed 38 mil thru the next two year, and an option. Hopefully this is right. 

Gray is due 22 mil for the next 3 years. 

about 60 mil for the next 2 years. 

That's alot! The Iglesias trade was worth one Noe and an Ut guy. 

IF possible i think we could start up to do a Gray + Moustake for nothing. 

Or if we wanted to save some cash, we could trade a prospect in the 10-20 range and than  a low level high upside arm and the Reds eat some of the cash.

Its actually interesting that we're talking about trading prospects in the 10-20 range and looking back at it, Not adding Soriano to the 40 man roster may have not been the best idea. He's got a good upside, he had Tj but still has values. Look at the Bell Trade, the main peiece going back is an 18/19 year old not even in the top 30. Maybe the Pirates could have be intestested in an Sorrano+ for Musgrove.  

19 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I'd be Surpised if the Reds trade Castillo in a slary dump. He's there biggest trade piece and why would they trade in a trade that lower's his value. He could easyily get a grand package.

I do think that Gray has the highest chance of getting traded in a salary dump. Moustakas is payed 38 mil thru the next two year, and an option. Hopefully this is right. 

Gray is due 22 mil for the next 3 years. 

about 60 mil for the next 2 years. 

IF possible i think we could start up to do a Gray + Moustake for nothing. 

^^^^ Gray much more likely than Castillo but not for nothing, even with Moose....I’d take on Moose to get Gray, make another trade or signing...and pass on Bauer...but that’s me..

10 minutes ago, ukyah said:

assuming the padres were in the same contract vicinity, why not go to SD? a team that is ready to win.

Padres are deep with talented young pitching prospects, I'm assuming he wanted to sign somewhere he felt he had the best chance of making and staying in the rotation.  Texas was super thin, only having Lyles, Gibson, and two unproven young guys in Dunning and Allard.

30 minutes ago, mmc said:

Padres are deep with talented young pitching prospects, I'm assuming he wanted to sign somewhere he felt he had the best chance of making and staying in the rotation.  Texas was super thin, only having Lyles, Gibson, and two unproven young guys in Dunning and Allard.

what's his expected contract? seems hard to imagine the padres would sign him, then relegate him. i don't think that happens with FA very often, if ever.

edit: sorry, i didn't see the tweet with the contract expectation. 6-7 million total? for one year? 

if so, or more years even, then yeah that's more of a prove it type deal.

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

what's his expected contract? seems hard to imagine the padres would sign him, then relegate him. i don't think that happens with FA very often, if ever.

edit: sorry, i didn't see the tweet with the contract expectation. 6-7 million total? for one year? 

if so, or more years even, then yeah that's more of a prove it type deal.

I wondered about that.too.  But it said two year contract so I assumed the $6-7 million was the contract total.  I agree a prove it.