• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

22 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

My dream is that Perry can build us a system like the padres and than in a year or 2 make trades like this, trade that won't hammer the system either. 

It will take much longer than a year or two for our current farm system to get where the Padres was pre-Clevinger/Snell/Darvish? trades

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

There's a chance Lamet's injury is worse than advertised.  He received PRP injections on his biceps this offseason.  That may or may not work, and he might need surgery if it doesn't work.

If they acquire Darvish, they have Snell, Darvish, Davies, Paddock, and ??, if Lamet is out.  If Lamet is healthy, then that's an amazing rotation.

Gore is practically ready to break camp with the padres.

40 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Castillo is not that expensive. The Reds are looking to cut costs but a pitcher like him for his salary doesn't seem like it should be a high priority to trade.

He will probably cost very close to what Snell cost to acquire.  

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I do wonder about his constant 4.00+ ERA pitching half the time in an extreme pitcher’s park like Pittsburgh.

His ONLY positive is control (career 2.1 BBs per 9 innings).

Strikeout rate when way up last year too. Yes, abbreviated, weird year, but also no pitchers hitting. 

Dylan Bundy wasn’t anything special before he got here. Musgrove has a lot of markings of a guy who could be very good in ‘21. And even if he isn’t, he’d still fill a need well with his career norms. 

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Strikeout rate when way up last year too. Yes, abbreviated, weird year, but also no pitchers hitting. 

Dylan Bundy wasn’t anything special before he got here. Musgrove has a lot of markings of a guy who could be very good in ‘21. And even if he isn’t, he’d still fill a need well with his career norms. 

He could fill a need, but at what prospects price?

Why isn’t a pitcher like Odorizzi signed by anyone yet?   Nothing lost, prospects wise, and only turns 31.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why isn’t a pitcher like Odorizzi signed by anyone yet?   Nothing lost, prospects wise, and only turns 31.

I think Bauer is holding most everything up. I just think Bauer is using the Angels to pad his deal. I still think they should go after Musgrove and another similar type arm. Then get a couple of minimum$ relief pitchers  with options left, for the pen. And maybe another b/up catcher.  And we are good to go. I also don't think we need a rf'er. We can use Ward, Walsh out there. and have Pujols/ Thaiss at first base. And we could have Marsh also sometime as soon as midseason.

7 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I think Bauer is holding most everything up. I just think Bauer is using the Angels to pad his deal. I still think they should go after Musgrove and another similar type arm. Then get a couple of minimum$ relief pitchers  with options left, for the pen. And maybe another b/up catcher.  And we are good to go. I also don't think we need a rf'er. We can use Ward, Walsh out there. and have Pujols/ Thaiss at first base. And we could have Marsh also sometime as soon as midseason.

I’d rather them use crumbs on the bullpen given the volatility in the reliever role in general. Hell if you get 2 quality starters you inherently get bullpen help in the form of depth.  Use as much money as possible on starting pitching and leave yourself with enough for a backup catcher. 

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’d rather them use crumbs on the bullpen given the volatility in the reliever role in general. Hell if you get 2 quality starters you inherently get bullpen help in the form of depth.  Use as much money as possible on starting pitching and leave yourself with enough for a backup catcher. 

Yeah, i left out those bp arms should be acquired on minor league deals.

25 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

that team sounds pretty shitty to me. just sayin'

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Well obviously it comes down to the cost. Do I want Musgrove if it costs Adell? Maybe even Marsh? No. Something like Adams and Yan? Sure. 

I’m sure Odorizzi is partially waiting to see if his offers go up as Bauer and other aces go off the board.

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Well obviously it comes down to the cost. Do I want Musgrove if it costs Adell? Maybe even Marsh? No. Something like Adams and Yan? Sure. 

I’m sure Odorizzi is partially waiting to see if his offers go up as Bauer and other aces go off the board.

Local reporters for Pirates/Angels on The Athletic discussed a trade. They thought a deal centering on Adams seemed fair, with a second piece. Options suggested were Kochanowicz, but Ardaya suggested the Angels are probably too high on him to move him. He suggested instead Orlando Martinez. Pirates guy thought one of Arol Fera, Alexander Ramirez, or William Holmes might fit as a second guy to Adams.

Those names may or may not fit a likely deal. MLB trade values lists Adams' value at roughly 16 to Musgrove's 36.5. None of the other names mentioned above come particularly close to filing that gap, but one never knows how each team may value the players mentioned. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I still see Adams as the perfect defensive CF in the future, a Mike Cameron caliber defender with great potential to steal HRs.   If he even reaches .750 OPS and can steal 20-30 bases, that’s plenty to go with his potential multiple GGs defense saving games.

In fact, I’m more in the camp of trading Adell (at the right time when value restored), and eventually in 2 years going with Trout/Adams/Marsh.

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I still see Adams as the perfect defensive CF in the future, a Mike Cameron caliber defender with great potential to steal HRs.   If he even reaches .750 OPS and can steal 20-30 bases, that’s plenty to go with his potential multiple GGs defense saving games.

In fact, I’m more in the camp of trading Adell (at the right time when value restored), and eventually in 2 years going with Trout/Adams/Marsh.

So like the Kevin Kiermaier for the Angels? The hit tool for both doesn't exist. 

I know Adams is young but when I saw him in camp you can tell he's got a LONG way to go. He can run and catch in the outfield but no arm strength. 
At this point, I see him as a defensive sub and that's it