• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Wilson Contreras, identified as a primary trade target for the Angels on an annual basis. Queue the next three pages on trade proposals that we totally think would work. 

AngelsWin Challenge: Construct a trade proposal for Contreras, using only Angels prospects and players that do not have the letter A in their first order last name.

Go!

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If be surprised if they moved Hendricks, but of course if they do, the Angels should be there. If they wanted to eat crazy money on Heyward I would listen, but it would have to be a big steaming salary dump they’d be willing to make. 

Something along these lines I would do. Maybe different players/bigger package 

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.47.57 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Wilson Contreras, identified as a primary trade target for the Angels on an annual basis. Queue the next three pages on trade proposals that we totally think would work. 

AngelsWin Challenge: Construct a trade proposal for Contreras, using only Angels prospects and players that do not have the letter A in their first order last name.

Go!

No Adams or Adell? Or no players that have an a in their names (impossible — cuz Jackson, Paris, Sandoval all have A’s lol)

If Sandoval, Jackson, Thaiss, and Knowles would do it I’m all in. 

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

Something along these lines I would do. Maybe different players/bigger package 

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.47.57 PM.png

Take out the $7 M cash and substitute Barria for Sandoval and I’d do it.

Just now, Hubs said:

No Adams or Adell? Or no players that have an a in their names (impossible — cuz Jackson, Paris, Sandoval all have A’s lol)

If Sandoval, Jackson, Thaiss, and Knowles would do it I’m all in. 

Take out the $7 M cash and substitute Barria for Sandoval and I’d do it.

Obviously the first one was for Contreras alone.

Angels
2:44
Are Perry Minasian's options for starting pitching help fading fast?

Steve Adams
2:46
Bauer, Sugano, Odorizzi, Tanaka, Kluber, Paxton all still unsigned. Reds SPs, Musgrove still out there in trades. Might as well ask the Cubs about Kyle Hendricks now, too. Angels still have options even if a couple notable possibilities are off the board.

31 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:
Angels
2:44
Are Perry Minasian's options for starting pitching help fading fast?

Steve Adams
2:46
Bauer, Sugano, Odorizzi, Tanaka, Kluber, Paxton all still unsigned. Reds SPs, Musgrove still out there in trades. Might as well ask the Cubs about Kyle Hendricks now, too. Angels still have options even if a couple notable possibilities are off the board.

i don't know how kluber makes the list. is he even healthy?

Contreras for Sandoval, Vera, Holmes, and Thaiss?

Or, Contreras and Heyward’s salary (3 years/$65 million) for Holmes and Thaiss?   Heyward still plays a good RF.

Don’t want to trade Jackson, could be Rendon’s replacement when he needs to move to 1B in 3-4 years.

Or if Arte goes full ham, and it’s Hendricks, Contreras, and Heyward’s salary for say Canning, Sandoval, Vera, and Thaiss?  And then sign Tanaka and Bradley?  
Payroll jumps by about $65 million, still only $29 million over tax threshold ($11 million under the #9 pick dropping to #19).   Pujols after 2021 gets back $24 million, add say $8 million extra to re-sign Bundy if still pitching well, and subtract $21 million for Upton after 2022.  
That’s what, around $15 million under the 2023 threshold?     Might be hard to keep both Adell and Adams though in this scenario.

Do something about the pitching and stable catching for a change!

Edited by Angel Oracle

I love how Jon Herman tries to negotiate for every free agent in the press. Just because Bauer asks for the moon doesn’t necessarily mean he will get it. If he does, good for him but doubt he will even come close to that in this economy. That is a ridiculous asking price, if it is even true. Think Rachel Luba leaked that info to get higher offers. He won’t get anywhere close to that. Just watch.  

Edited by southpaw

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I love how Jon Herman tries to negotiate for every free agent in the press. Just because Bauer asks for the moon doesn’t necessarily mean he will get it. If he does, good for him but doubt he will even come close to that in this economy. That is a ridiculous along price, if it is even true. Think Rachel Luba leaked that info to get higher offers. He won’t get anywhere close to that. Just watch.  

leaked?  

hey Jon, will you tweet this for me?  

sure Rachel.  no problem.