• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

54 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

In High School I was given the option of sitting on the bench and never playing on JV or starting on Fros/Soph and I chose to play. 

If they wanted to offer him money, they would have found a spot for him. 

On 12/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, Second Base said:

I'd be fine taking on Moustakas to lower the protect capital in acquiring Castillo. Moose goes to 1B where he's adequate defensively, and Walsh moves out to RF. If he hits, we've got a new #2 hitter and starting corner OF.

Walsh and Ward could make up a good platoon team.

Edited by stormngt

2 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Then the Mets. Anywhere but the Angels or Dodgers. 

and why is it impossible for him to go to San Diego ?

They aren’t a huge market team and they’ve given contracts to Manny and Hosmer recently.  They are still paying Myers.  Snell, while affordable is still about $13 million a year I believe.  They’ll also have a ton of guys to start paying soon. Obviously I could be wrong, but that is my reasoning. 

43 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

The Rays have lost Snell and Morton so far....
OPTOMISTIC TAKE:

If the Angels can get Bauer and swap a trade for one of Castillo/Gray/Marquez then the ALCS/NLCS could look like this

Padres vs Braves

White Sox vs Angels

Dodgers are still the best team in the Nl until someone proves otherwise. I'll believe it when I see it. Sox and Angels haven't proven anything yet. I wouldn't bet on either being prohibitive favorites, even in that scenario you outlined. 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

The Rays have lost Snell and Morton so far....
OPTOMISTIC TAKE:

If the Angels can get Bauer and swap a trade for one of Castillo/Gray/Marquez then the ALCS/NLCS could look like this

Padres vs Braves

White Sox vs Angels

lamo the two younger pitchers that the Ray's got will probably turn out into aces.

5 hours ago, Second Base said:

If that's the going rate for Blake Snell, the price for Luis Castillo had to easily be Adell, Rengifo, Kochanowicz and Jam Jones, minimum.

even more than that if we don't take on a bad contract with Castillo.  Like Adell, Fletcher, Detmers and maybe still Kochanowicz.  

Hat tip to the Padres for that trade.  We couldn't have beaten that offer.  Patino is a top 10 prospect in the sport, and it took more than just him to secure the deal.

We would have likely had to have given up Adell, Marsh, Detmers, or something along those lines.  Padres gave up a 60 FV pitcher, a 45 FV pitcher, a 45 FV catcher, and a current MLB catcher - their 2nd, 9th, and 10th prospects in an absolutely stacked farm system.

The Padres overpaid, IMO, but when you have as many prospects as the Padres do, you can probably do things like this without a problem if it means it increases your chances to win a title.

No way they get Bauer though, IMO.  The Padres will never be a top payroll team, and they likely can't afford to add both Snell and Bauer in the same offseason.  Instead, they'll probably try to use their prospect depth to make more deals for cost-controlled players.