• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

35 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I still wouldn't be shocked if Arte pivoted to trading for Musgrove and signing Realmuto 🤣

I think the worst part is then having to listen to the beat reporters and AW posters try to convince everyone that it was a great move and everything is going to be great. Like losing out on Corbin, Wheeler, Strasburg, Cole, Darvish, Snell etc.... Is all for the best because we got Rendon. 

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think the worst part is then having to listen to the beat reporters and AW posters try to convince everyone that it was a great move and everything is going to be great. Like losing out on Corbin, Wheeler, Strasburg, Cole, Darvish, Snell etc.... Is all for the best because we got Rendon. 

A healthy ohtani is like adding an ace! Lol

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

But we'll win games 9-8! 

Fangraphs places a monetary value on each team's prospects.  What the pads did today cost them roughly about 80m is prospect value which will drop their system to somewhere in the 10ish range.  

If the halos did that it would have probably put them somewhere in the bottom 5.  

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I haven't heard a single coach or executive sound confident in Ohtani being and healthy. One notable scout I spoke with said he believes Ohtani has already thrown his last pitch in professional baseball.

tell him i'll take that action. what's he want to wager on that horrible opinion?

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

I haven't heard a single coach or executive sound confident in Ohtani being and healthy. One notable scout I spoke with said he believes Ohtani has already thrown his last pitch in professional baseball.

My point was more I can already hear Roger Lodge in my head saying that if the Angels leave the offseason without an ace again. 

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yup. I'll stand by my word, if we don't sign Bauer and trade for someone like Castillo/Gray/Marquez then, to me, it's a failed offseason. 

We should prepare to hear the Angels get Musgrove then sign a bat though....

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yup. I'll stand by my word, if we don't sign Bauer and trade for someone like Castillo/Gray/Marquez then, to me, it's a failed offseason. 

We should prepare to hear the Angels get Musgrove then sign a bat though....

Stand by your word is just another way of saying “in my opinion”.  
There are plenty of ways they can have a successful off season without doing what you suggest. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Stand by your word is just another way of saying “in my opinion”.  
There are plenty of ways they can have a successful off season without doing what you suggest. 

Opinions can change. My "opinion" on this won't.

You're right, they can, but I would be shocked if any other way gets us deep into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Opinions can change. My "opinion" on this won't.

You're right, they can, but I would be shocked if any other way gets us deep into the playoffs. 

So if they don’t do what you suggested and they make a deep playoff run, you’ll still be of the opinion it was a failed off season?  That’s incredibly dumb. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Musgrove and Realmuto would be... interesting. 

That's not the offseason I want, I'm just saying it would definitely improve the team.

If they got those two, which I’m not in favor of, they would still have the prospects needed to acquire pitching at the deadline. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If they got those two, which I’m not in favor of, they would still have the prospects needed to acquire pitching at the deadline. 

Not only that, but with so many starting pitchers on the market, they could wait and do some bargain shopping toward the end of the off-season. There will be some bargains out there. It isn’t inconceivable to me that you could acquire Musgrove, Realmuto, and someone like Happ for somewhere around $32-35 mil (in 2021 payroll obligations, that is).

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

That's not the offseason I want, I'm just saying it would definitely improve the team.

Vastly so. It doesn’t matter where you pick up wins - wins are wins. Realmuto would be a huge addition for just about any team. 

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

He is still only 26.  I haven't heard or read anything suggesting Ohtani would not be ready for spring training.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So if they don’t do what you suggested and they make a deep playoff run, you’ll still be of the opinion it was a failed off season?  That’s incredibly dumb. 

Not at all. I'd love to be proven wrong. Again, that's what I feel would give us a legitimate chance. 

I have my own thoughts on what will make the Angels make a deep playoff run and so do you..... I think at the end of the day we both hope they make it no matter what. 

If they don't get the two pitchers I want then of course I'd have my concerns.... What's so dumb about any of that...

36 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There are different paths to improving the team...and while we all, myself included, want to see the Angels get a Bauer, Castillo, Marquez, Gray, I still could see an offseason where Realmuto was the most *expensive* addition could still lead to a successful offseason with pitching addressed.

Dylan Bundy is proof that you don’t have to trade top prospects or spend huge money to find impact pitching. He’s not really the frontline guy, but he’s not costing you but prospects or payroll either. Add a couple legit mid-tier guys like Paxton, Musgrove, Odorizzi, maybe Sugano, maybe Tanaka, and you still have greatly improved the staff, presumably having money to still work on bullpen, catcher, and RF. 

The Padres’ trades might be beneficial to the Angels in that, in an offseason where few teams seem to be really interested in aggressively improving or spending money or prospects, takes one more team out of the mix, and the prices given up for both arms weren’t devastating to their (superior) farm. For the Angels all we need is a a really good SP trade and a savvy FA SP signing and we’re in solid shape.