• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

So like the Kevin Kiermaier for the Angels? The hit tool for both doesn't exist. 

I know Adams is young but when I saw him in camp you can tell he's got a LONG way to go. He can run and catch in the outfield but no arm strength. 
At this point, I see him as a defensive sub and that's it 

Well congrats on being “that guy”.  

22 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Agree, but getting Suzuki and Musgrove isn't really showing Bauer we mean business. 

Getting someone like Gray is a start. Musgrove is another #3 arm no matter what people say about him. 

Gray has about $11 million attached to him. Unless Bauer takes a massively backloaded contact, that's not going to work.

Suzuki is a cheap catcher option. Can we do better? Maybe. 

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I mean, you see a guy who is top 150 prospect a defensive replacement.  So yea, “that guy”.  

Not to mention that Trout’s arm has significantly improved since being drafted.  Just because Adams arm is a question mark now, doesn’t mean it won’t improve.

The main question will come down to if he tweaks his at bats to be more of a hit the ball where it’s pitched, don’t swing at everything guy, and use his 80 speed.   If he can, perfect lead off hitter

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Gray has about $11 million attached to him. Unless Bauer takes a massively backloaded contact, that's not going to work.

Suzuki is a cheap catcher option. Can we do better? Maybe. 

Good point, but like i've been saying... If Arte wants to play big then he's gotta go big. 

If we can do better then do better. 

OfBauer isn't the only path to success. He's the straightest, and consequently, is the most expensive, but there are other ways to build the staff we need.

But I must admit, I was wrong when I said that Darvish and Snell wouldn't be traded. The Padres paid a price either team would've been dumb to refuse.

The Angels could still be in on Sonny Gray, Castillo, Sugano, Odorizzi, Musgrove, Tanaka, Happ...

If say any combination of tier one and your two pitchers would work, but not two from the lower tier. For example, Tanaka and Odorizzi wouldn't be good enough. But Sugano and Musgrove would be. 

Ideally, I'd love to see them pull off Castillo and Sugano. That would make this an interesting staff. Not as good as SD, LA or Washington, but among the best in the AL