• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

On a serious note, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Bauer was starting bids at 5-6 years, $35M+ AAV. I doubt he'll get that, but it fits the perception that he's one of the best starters in the game.

The problem is that he doesn't have the track record. 1.4 years of CY Young performance spread over three seasons in an overall #2-3 career doesn't equal $35-40M AAV.

That said, I do think he'll get $30M AAV, and probably six years. Or maybe one of these two:

6/$180M

5/$160M

4/$140M

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I think every aspect of the Bauer sweepstakes has been entertaining. There have been quite a few LOL moments and it’s been a welcome change from everything else going on in the world.

You're always going to have those who are against the grain.  This is a new way to use social media and there's no wrong or right way.  People just need to flipping relax and let people do business how they want to.  Get your panties in a bunch?  Relax and pull it out.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Let's ask Heyman!

The laugh of all of this is Heyman is trying everything he can to goad Luba or Bauer into leaking him something. He is frustrated because Boras uses him as his rumor mill and wants Luba to do the same.

She obviously doesn't want to and it's a good choice since she is new in the Sports Agent business and needs to establish trust with the GMs that their conversations are private and not a negotiation chip in public forums. 

I think slapping down Heyman on Twitter may be the best early career choice she can make. Hopefully she doesn't change her course of action and keeps the leach at arms length. 

Even though Heyman is a tool, no one knows for certain that he’s a mouthpiece for Boras. People keep saying it and I’ve even jokingly called him a “Boras asset” in the past, but that doesn’t make it true... unless someone can actually prove otherwise. We say things in jest or to make fun of a situation and after a while, people accept it as fact. Funny how that works.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Even though Heyman is a tool, no one knows for certain that he’s a mouthpiece for Boras. People keep saying it and I’ve even jokingly called him a “Boras asset” in the past, but that doesn’t make it true... unless someone can actually prove otherwise. We say things in jest or to make fun of a situation and after a while, people accept it as fact. Funny how that works.

We'll you're officially no fun!

18 hours ago, mmc said:

MLBTR says at this point, it may be 4 years/$128 million to get it done.

Arte should be all over that, if so.

Bauer, Realmuto, Pillar, and Bradley = about $30 million AAV over threshold.

They can take care of that in 2 years AND re-sign Bundy.

Edited by Angel Oracle

45 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It would be a perfect time for Arte to step up.  A gamble, yes, but he may never have another opportunity like this.  Some good prospects that will show up the next few years, Trout and Rendon, other teams not spending.  

39 minutes ago, Revad said:

It would be a perfect time for Arte to step up.  A gamble, yes, but he may never have another opportunity like this.  Some good prospects that will show up the next few years, Trout and Rendon, other teams not spending.  

Plus signing FAs and not making trades preserves the farm for another year, and no new bad contracts taken on.

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

there's no way that's going to happen, but man that would be tight.

Noice Reaction GIF by moodman

47 minutes ago, mmc said:

If you look at Springers WAR so far in his career and then the WAR you would expect from a decline, he is probably worth about 120 million. That is if you go by the average of 1 WAR=8 million. So far in his career, he has been worth about 200 million and gotten paid around 50 million. He might not really decline for another couple of years which, in that case, he would be worth 140 million or more. I say 120 million is a good estimate. In contrast, Pujols has only been worth 112 million up to this point in his Angels career. The Angels have paid him 210 million so far which means they overpaid by 98 million. All this is assuming my math is correct.

16 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

If you look at Springers WAR so far in his career and then the WAR you would expect from a decline, he is probably worth about 120 million. That is if you go by the average of 1 WAR=8 million. So far in his career, he has been worth about 200 million and gotten paid around 50 million. He might not really decline for another couple of years which, in that case, he would be worth 140 million or more. I say 120 million is a good estimate. In contrast, Pujols has only been worth 112 million up to this point in his Angels career. The Angels have paid him 210 million so far which means they overpaid by 98 million. All this is assuming my math is correct.

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

The laugh of all of this is Heyman is trying everything he can to goad Luba or Bauer into leaking him something. He is frustrated because Boras uses him as his rumor mill and wants Luba to do the same.

She obviously doesn't want to and it's a good choice since she is new in the Sports Agent business and needs to establish trust with the GMs that their conversations are private and not a negotiation chip in public forums. 

I think slapping down Heyman on Twitter may be the best early career choice she can make. Hopefully she doesn't change her course of action and keeps the leach at arms length. 

I like it when a hymen shuts down Heyman.

Bob makes a good point (for once?). SF had a pretty good offense last year and could use Bauer, which is why they've been one of my sleeper teams to sign him. But with everything SD just did, Giants are better off keeping a slow rebuild.

Still don't buy the Dodgers adding another huge piece with their payroll. They can, certainly, but unless they really think Bauer is for real, I doubt they go all in. Toronto and Mets are legit options, but I don't see a lot of other teams lining up to spend record aav numbers on a guy without a multi (full) season track record.