• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

27 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I read that to mean bull pen at first...

I was nearly triggered.

obviously we all want ohtani in the rotation doing his thing, but if his innings are seriously limited i would prefer he be our 7th and 8th inning shutdown arm and bridge to iglesias. i'll take 60-80 high leverage innings if that's what we can get.

i don't expect it to turn out this way, but imagine a game where the starter goes 5 strong. ohtani goes 2, then iglesias goes 2 for the save. there's a certain familiarity to that a la late 90's yankees.

5 minutes ago, ukyah said:

obviously we all want ohtani in the rotation doing his thing, but if his innings are seriously limited i would prefer he be our 7th and 8th inning shutdown arm and bridge to iglesias. i'll take 60-80 high leverage innings if that's what we can get.

i don't expect it to turn out this way, but imagine a game where the starter goes 5 strong. ohtani goes 2, then iglesias goes 2 for the save. there's a certain familiarity to that a la late 90's yankees.

When exactly do you expect Ohtani to be warming up for relief innings?

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Presumably that means they don't believe in Barria as part of the rotation. Not a major surprise, but I'm curious whether they think he can make it in the pen as a swingman type for the time being.

Maddon said they need two, but seemed agnostic on the question of whether they needed a top guy. I assume that means, "Perry, find the best deal you can". I'd still go Bauer and whichever secondary trade option they can get the best deal on for primarily prospects. Musgrove would be my guess for the best option, but with Cherington in Pittsburgh, the days of snowing the Pirates on a trade might be over. 

15 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

When exactly do you expect Ohtani to be warming up for relief innings?

fair question.

when do position players who go to the mound warm up? between innings is the norm. if he comes in between batters, he'll have whatever the rules allow for.

lol so a "decent chance" of a significant SP trade in the next 13 days?!?  Great info there guy.  Also great chance January will be following December.

But i do like the Angels name tied into Musgrove.  I would very much be in support of that trade.  More so than Snell or Gray.  Combine that with Bauer or Orodizzi + RP...and i'm stoked!

8 minutes ago, ukyah said:

fair question.

when do position players who go to the mound warm up? between innings is the norm. if he comes in between batters, he'll have whatever the rules allow for.

Well, I mean, those are usually on an emergency basis. Being position players, they also don't spend a ton of time warming up. It's always logistically challenging. Fletch has commented before on the unlikelihood of Ohtani pitching relief for just that reason.  

35 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Well, I mean, those are usually on an emergency basis. Being position players, they also don't spend a ton of time warming up. It's always logistically challenging. Fletch has commented before on the unlikelihood of Ohtani pitching relief for just that reason.  

like i said originally, i'm not calling for it. i prefer him in the rotation same as everyone else, but in the scenario where he's limited to less than 100 innings, i'd rather they be high leverage bullpen innings than starter innings. assuming that his innings limit is because of load limit and not effectiveness.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Presumably that means they don't believe in Barria as part of the rotation. Not a major surprise, but I'm curious whether they think he can make it in the pen as a swingman type for the time being.

Maddon said they need two, but seemed agnostic on the question of whether they needed a top guy. I assume that means, "Perry, find the best deal you can". I'd still go Bauer and whichever secondary trade option they can get the best deal on for primarily prospects. Musgrove would be my guess for the best option, but with Cherington in Pittsburgh, the days of snowing the Pirates on a trade might be over. 

Just reading into everything I've seen from Minasian/Maddon, my guess is they are not going to sign Bauer.  And the more I think about it, the better.

Spread the money around, and don't sign free agent pitchers coming off career years to mega deal, such as what Bauer just had.

I'm all for trading for a SP and trying to find a solid mid-rotation option in FA.

Minasian is building a very strong FO and has already made some very savvy moves.  I have faith he'll approach this correctly and improve our rotation significantly.