• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

25 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Based on Minasian's comments, it didn't sound like the Angels are looking for another starter. Maybe they sign someone to a minor league deal, but I highly doubt that they'd commit 2-3 years and $30-$45 million on a pitcher right now.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Odorizzi ends up having to take a 1 year deal.

2017 he had back issues and missed a couple of starts. He managed through the pain most of the season. 

Last year he began the season on the IL due to upper back soreness. The chest contusion was obviously just bad luck since he was hit with a liner but the back issues are a concern given his age.

7 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Odorizzi ends up having to take a 1 year deal.

2017 he had back issues and missed a couple of starts. He managed through the pain most of the season. 

Last year he began the season on the IL due to upper back soreness. The chest contusion was obviously just bad luck since he was hit with a liner but the back issues are a concern given his age.

Perhaps, although I still wouldn't expect the Angels to be a strong contender for him.

It makes every bit of sense for Odorizzi to put out that tweet because it's better for him if the Angels are involved in his market. Even though they may not actually be, having that speculation out there can't hurt him.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I REALLY REALLY like this deal. This kid can flat out go get it in centerfield and I've been hearing some good things about his bat in winter ball. 

Great job, Minasian! 

4 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’ve been to 15 cities in Japan and can tell you with great certainty that isn’t true. They do however have vending machines with used women’s underwear. They also worship Tommy Lee Jones 

I've lived in Japan and can tell you it absolutely is true. It's a superstition thing with them. They don't talk about it. 

I never once saw a vending machine with panties, but I did see them with beer, cigarettes, mobile phones and make up, so I wouldn't rule that out. 

I don't know about Tommy Lee Jones, but I do know they had a certain fascination with tall black dudes. A group of friends and I were in Yokohama and Tokyo for some R&R and the amount of play they got was disproportionate to stateside attention/action.