• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

7 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Probably true too lol. I was on tour with some bands in those cities for 3 months and It’s a really fun place. I searched for a week for something other than noodles, broth and gyoza. Found a Mexican restaurant which was hilarious. The lady’s cigarette ash was almost 4 inches long hanging right over my burrito as she was making it. Watched a guy pass out in his ramen at 3 am and the restaurant owner just pulled his head out of the soup and put it on the table until he woke up. 

Ramen in a Mexican restaurant?  Sounds authentic.

Personally, I would rather get 2-3 guys for the (likely) cost of one Rosenthal. 

As mentioned, he’s likely looking for closer roles or closer money, and Iglesias has that here.

The bullpen is dangerously thin...if anything happens to one of Mayers or Iglesias things get real ugly real fast. There’s a huge gap between Iglesias, Mayers, Pena, Buttrey, and the next tier of guys...Reyes, Rivera, Quijada, Keller. 

We need a couple more $1.5-3.5m guys like Tepera, Drake, Kintzler, Boxberger, Greene, Melancon, etc. to fill in that gap so we’re not banking too heavily on a bunch of AAAA cast off relief prospects on one or two RP guys to handle all the high-lev and med-lev every single night. Seeing how Minasian addressed the rotation, this is what I’m expecting here too.

Edited by totdprods

30 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

That's why I think Rosenthal may choose to go somewhere else; the title of closer may be important to him. I think Greene would be a good get. 

Well, is the title of closer important to Iglesias? Maybe he'd happily move to setup if we got Rosenthal. 

Or maybe not. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Well, is the title of closer important to Iglesias? Maybe he'd happily move to setup if we got Rosenthal. 

Or maybe not. 

A year from free agency, I’m sure Iglesias would much prefer to close.

Big difference between Hendriks money and Archie Bradley money this winter.

Ok hear me out guys..... How about we let Rosenthal have the title of closer, but have Iglesias close out games? Everyone wins. They'll all get a participation trophy. Rosenthal's says best closer, and Iglesias' says most saves. It's the millennial way of doing things. Yes, I'm a millennial.

Edited by Second Base