• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Rosenthal for a few million would be amazing. He’s who I wanted prior to Raisel Iglesias. I don’t know if he gets a closer job somewhere else, and he could get it here, but they could also be a 1/2 punch. And with Mayers, Pena, Buttrey from the right and Claudio and Slegers from the left side. Plus Rivera, Reyes, Yan, and Of course the starters who won’t be in the rotation in Barria and Sandoval, it’s a damn good pen

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Hypothetical question...

If the Angels still make a push for Odorizzi or Rosenthal who would call our offseason a success and be confident for a good playoff run?

Some might say it's been successful already, but just curious as to who thinks Odorizzi or Rosenthal really makes us a bit dangerous...

Minasian hasn't picked up anyone fancy in terms of big-name guys, but he has brought in a lot of options. which could play well for the Angels. 
Jose Iglesias, Raisel Iglesias, Alex Claudio, Kurt Suzuki, Jose Quintana, Alex Cobb, Dexter Folwer and now Aaron Slegers.

If he signed Paxton, Odorizzi or Rosenthal this would be a solid B of an off season.  If they trade for a Gray, Castillo or Marquez it is an A.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If he signed Paxton, Odorizzi or Rosenthal this would be a solid B of an off season.  If they trade for a Gray, Castillo or Marquez it is an A.  

This. One more good pitcher - whether that’s Odorizzi or Rosenthal - would make for a deep pitching staff and good overall offseason. Not a staff with a lot of upside, but one with a high floor. 

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

C, but I think there is virtually no chance it stays exactly how it is.

I think if anything it'd be a free agent. I was all for trading one of Adell/Marsh for a pitcher early in the offseason but based off our additions I don't think they're going to be moved. Of course, this could change if the right player becomes available. Perhaps they could be had for Adams who's likely the odd man out. 

Would be nice to bulk up the rotation with another arm while keeping Adell and Marsh. Things can change real quick in the outfield by the end of 2021. 

Edited by angelsnationtalk

It's a B- or C+ for me right now. I feel like we've gotten deeper, which has been a problem for a while. We aren't elite, but we could be very good. Some of the decisions have been minor head scratchers, but overall I'm optimistic.

A solid reliever, someone like Rosenthal, could move it up to a solid B+. I don't see them making a serious improvement at starter unless a great deal shows up, and I'm not sure they should at this point. For me, that's a deadline deal if it makes sense. 

If we'd managed to reel in a legit frontline starter, it would be an A. 

7 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Not sure. Either way, if this is their way of saving money to improve the pen, I'm not cool with it. I hope this turns out to be wrong. 

Yep, I was right. Was shut down due to a strain, TJ surgery was recommended, he got a second opinion, and has been rehabbing. Pitched some winter ball.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I can’t really believe we would do this.  Is that saying we have a deal or that we are in on him?

Here's the Google translation of the article that's linked to in the Tweet:

"How would Roberto Osuna look in the Angels uniform?

The Sinaloan pitcher has had very advanced talks with the Los Angeles Angels and it would be a matter of time before they finalize the arrangement.

Sources very close to the player informed Puro Beisbol that Osuna and his agent are convinced that it is the best offer, even though the Los Angeles Dodgers also showed them a lot of interest.

The Mochitense, who turned 26 years old yesterday, did not finish the 2020 season with the Houston Astros due to a serious injury and at the end of the season they put him on waivers, after the initial diagnosis was ‘Tommy John’ surgery.

Osuna did not undergo said operation and has sought to avoid it with a special rehabilitation, although he did not pitch in winter with the Charros de Jalisco as he had planned.

Osuna has 155 saves in his six-year career with the Toronto Blue Jays and the Houston Astros.

Against the Angels, he has especially shone, posting a 1.84 ERA in 19 appearances, including 6 saves"

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

FWIW the woman who accused Osuna of assaulting her never testified and they settled on a peace bond. 

Not saying he was innocent at all, just showing what the outcome of his allegations were.  

They settled because she ran to Mexico and said she wouldn't come back to testify.

He's a piece of shit. 

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

FWIW the woman who accused Osuna of assaulting her never testified and they settled on a peace bond. 

Not saying he was innocent at all, just showing what the outcome of his allegations were.  

He still got a 75 game suspension, so I'm assuming there was some fire behind the smoke.

Osuna can't sign with the Angels, because it doesn't fit my worldview that they're the good guys and the Dodgers and Astros are the bad people. 

But seriously though, I know Minasian and Maddon are big on clubhouse chemistry and leadership, and I'm just not sure how this fits. Maybe he's fine within the confines of the locker room and bullpen. 

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Osuna can't sign with the Angels, because it doesn't fit my worldview that they're the good guys and the Dodgers and Astros are the bad people. 

But seriously though, I know Minasian and Maddon are big on clubhouse chemistry and leadership, and I'm just not sure how this fits. Maybe he's fine within the confines of the locker room and bullpen. 

Yeah agree. Veteran leadership like Pujols can probably play important role too. It's hard to look past at his suspension, but aside from that he'd be a big boost to the bullpen and not sure he'd cost too much either. 

Lose-Win type situation with him.