• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

56 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Personally, I would rather get 2-3 guys for the (likely) cost of one Rosenthal. 

As mentioned, he’s likely looking for closer roles or closer money, and Iglesias has that here.

The bullpen is dangerously thin...if anything happens to one of Mayers or Iglesias things get real ugly real fast. There’s a huge gap between Iglesias, Mayers, Pena, Buttrey, and the next tier of guys...Reyes, Rivera, Quijada, Keller. 

We need a couple more $1.5-3.5m guys like Tepera, Drake, Kintzler, Boxberger, Greene, Melancon, etc. to fill in that gap so we’re not banking too heavily on a bunch of AAAA cast off relief prospects on one or two RP guys to handle all the high-lev and med-lev every single night. Seeing how Minasian addressed the rotation, this is what I’m expecting here too.

I want Petit

24 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Ok hear me out guys..... How about we let Rosenthal have the title of closer, but have Iglesias close out games? Everyone wins. They'll all get a participation trophy. Rosenthal's says best closer, and Iglesias' says most saves. It's the millennial way of doing things. Yes, I'm a millennial.

"We don't have a specified closer.  We have two guys we use interchangeably in high leverage situations and to close out games.  They will be used in accordance with the situation."  or something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Why would you say that to a poster? 

Because I want him to go away. Duh.

He's like the kid in the backseat of a car trip saying "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes.

And with all due respect, most of my comments shouldn't be taken seriously.

I really want him to post more often.

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Weird, I feel this way about you, @T.G.

Fair enough.

My feelings aren't going to be hurt if someone doesn't like me on a message board and on the flip side, people shouldn't get their feelings hurt by some of the stupid stuff I say.  And yes, I know a lot of it is stupid.

Edited by T.G.

I get it, this offseason has sucked. But good God guys get a room. This isn't a thread to air your grievances to each other. 

Now that that's out of the way, can someone heat up the Hot Stove? Cold AF in here.

There's tons of FA's and possible trades still out there.

Freezing Steve Martin GIF