• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

15 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

The piece of shit had Tommy John surgery in August

"Houston opted to outright the righty off the 40-man roster in October after he threw just 4 1/3 innings due to a partially torn UCL in his right elbow this past season, and he elected free agency. He’s attempting to pitch through the injury instead of undergoing Tommy John surgery."

nevermind it was wishful thinking i guess

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Onto better news... This is nice..

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/standings/

The Pecota standings have not been kind to the Angels in recent years, but they have been pretty accurate.  This is their best showing in a long time.

Just keep plugging away at it, Perry.

I'm liking what I'm seeing here.

36 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Houston 93 wins.

Ok.

Fangraphs is bullish on the Astros too.  They actually have a good amount of young pitching and still have a great infield.  Brantley and Tucker in the OF should be good, too.

Certainly not what they have been in the past, but that should still be a good team

17 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Fangraphs is bullish on the Astros too.  They actually have a good amount of young pitching and still have a great infield.  Brantley and Tucker in the OF should be good, too.

Certainly not what they have been in the past, but that should still be a good team

Not sure if it's a finished product yet but FG's W% projection for the Astros has them as an 88 win team to the Angels 85 win team.   Their IF needs for the left side to stay healthy and the right side to prove that last year was just a blip and not actual decline.   They could really go either way.

9 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Unfortunately.  

Although a huge component of their projections are based on cheater seasons and it will be very interesting to see if the short 2020 was more of a fluke or the new norm for guys like Bregman, Correa and Altuve.  Bregman and Altuve had depressed BABIP last year so they will likely bounce back some but Correas was actually a bit elevated and he was still below league avg.  And even if Altuve does bounce back some, he's got a ways to go to even get avg.  Also will be interesting to see if Alvarez knee impacts him going forward.  

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Christians fail all the time. This thing called sin is a thing. But we won't get into that here. You and I have been down that road before and it wasn't a fruitful exchange.

This is true, but doing something as heinous as beating your wife is a "faith without works is dead" kind of scenario.

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Onto better news... This is nice..

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/standings/

The Pecota standings have not been kind to the Angels in recent years, but they have been pretty accurate.  This is their best showing in a long time.

Just keep plugging away at it, Perry.

Good enough for first WC spot. Noice.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Good enough for first WC spot. Noice.

This is the hard part--the Wild Card is going to be incredibly competitive. Say CWS, Houston, and Tampa take their divisions (not a given), that leaves 2 spots for NYY, Tor, Bos (still not awful), Minn, Cle (great staff), Oakland, and the Angels. I think the Angels really need to focus on winning the Division. It's very winnable, and the Wild Card spots are going to be a blood bath. 

I think solidifying the bullpen in any spot is important. Rosenthal would be great but Greene, Justin Wilson (LH) or Jake McGee wouldn't be awful additions either.  

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'd rather not make the playoffs than sign a piece of crap like Osuna.  

same way I feel about Puig.  

In general i agree, I want no part of Osuna.  BUT... im not sure i see an accusation without any litigation or criminal matters on the same level as a plea deal. 
If this is wrong, if there is something more regarding actual charges or litigation regarding Puig please feel free to correct me as i would like to know for my own benefit.