• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

But then again, if you're performing and winning ball games, concerns like these tend to disappear. Alberto Callaspo comes to mind. Not saying it's good, just saying it probably won't be the narrative. 

Very true, also arrested for domestic violence. And he played fairly well with the Angels and I never heard a peep about it. 

I'm all for giving people second chances. But damn, it's really hard for me to forgive a man who hits a woman. 

Who knows, maybe the guy became Christian or something and made amends with his ex?

One thing is for certain, he's got one of the best arms in the game and a damn good closer.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm all for giving people second chances. But damn, it's really hard for me to forgive a man who hits a woman. 

Who knows, maybe the guy became Christian or something and made amends with his ex?

One thing is for certain, he's got one of the best arms in the game and a damn good closer.

Yeah like I said it's a Lose-Win situation. Bringing on baggage and a controversy guy.... But damn our bullpen would become pretty strong at a good price as well

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's a twat.  And that's probably the best scouting profile I've ever offered.

26 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He was a self-proclaimed Christian when the incident occurred. He has tattoos that say "God believes in me" and "all I can do in Christ." Didn't seem to help prevent him from being a piece of shit.

Edited by jsnpritchett

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He was a self-proclaimed Christian when the incident occurred. He has tattoos that say "God believes in me" and "all I can do in Christ." Didn't seem to help prove him from being a piece of shit.

Christians fail all the time. This thing called sin is a thing. But we won't get into that here. You and I have been down that road before and it wasn't a fruitful exchange.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Christians fail all the time. This thi g called sin is a thing. But we won't get into that here. You and I have been down that road before and it wasn't a fruitful exchange.

You're actually making my point for me. Your first instinct was to say, "oh, maybe he became a Christian," as if that alone would absolve him or make things better.

There are lots of pieces of shit who play professional sports. They aren’t role models, they are people doing a job. If the league didn’t want asshats like this representing their league they would make it a bannable offense. 

personally I think he’s a shitbag, but if he really is “changed” and he actually signs with the angels I hope he does his job well. If he signs with another team I hope he gets aids. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Christians fail all the time. This thing called sin is a thing. But we won't get into that here. You and I have been down that road before and it wasn't a fruitful exchange.

Nah man... This is a guy that hides behind those labels to mask what he is.  I know its your nature to try to see the good in everyone, but some guys are just trash.  Osuna is a garbage human.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You're actually making my point for me. Your first instinct was to say, "oh, maybe he became a Christian," as if that alone would absolve him or make things better.

If sincere it could make his life and others around him lives much better. Forgiveness is a thing. 

I'm done discussing this topic with you. Not here at least.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Onto better news... This is nice..

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/standings/

The Pecota standings have not been kind to the Angels in recent years, but they have been pretty accurate.  This is their best showing in a long time.

Just keep plugging away at it, Perry.

It’s funny because ohtani could account for such a large swing in wins if he stays healthy. A little luck and 1 more bullpen piece could be huge 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It could make his life and others around him lives much better. Forgiveness is a thing. 

You're a good person, and you walk the walk. I know you're just being true to your nature and wanting this guy to be better.  Maybe one day he gets there but I doubt he's there and I'd seriously have a hard time with him being an Angel.