• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

16 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

So from my very limited understanding of our cap situation; are we looking at having a lot of spending $$$ next offseason? 

Not really. Rendon and Upton get about $14 million in raises. Then consider we have 10 roster spots to fill, including 4 SP. Oh and arbitration.

It's basically a wash. We desperately need Adell, Marsh, Detmers, and Rodriguez to step up. Then we need to fill SS. And two other rotation spots. And a closer.

Fuck.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Not really. Rendon and Upton get about $14 million in raises. Then consider we have 10 roster spots to fill, including 4 SP. Oh and arbitration.

It's basically a wash. We desperately need Adell, Marsh, Detmers, and Rodriguez to step up. Then we need to fill SS. And two other rotation spots. And a closer.

Fuck.

Oh oh and probably catcher.

Holy fuck.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Fuck.

Assuming that Walsh does well enough to maintain a starting role and Stassi continues with what he did last year.  

37 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Fuck.

Well that is disheartening as fuck. 

Obviously money is the big factor.  But it is interesting that the Mets have now given Bauer a deadline today to accept their deal.  I really don’t think this is how this guy wanted his signing to go down.

Given how different this guy has been in his public exposure, it would not completely shock me if he either pivoted away from the Mets now or is orchestrating a big surprise.  Both would seem to be in line with his MO.

Not that I am actually thinking the Angels will be the beneficiary, I am just noting that Bauer probably doesn’t like being publicly put on a deadline to meet.

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am just noting that Bauer probably doesn’t like being publicly put on a deadline to meet.

When that deadline represents $100-$110 million, I think he might make an exception.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

When that deadline represents $100-$110 million, I think he might make an exception.

I don’t disagree, if that one offer is clearly his best offer.  But if he is having a hard time choosing between two competing offers, I am not sure throwing a hard deadline at Bauer is the best idea.