• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

33 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Print the 3rd place AL West t-shirts!

I know you are likely somewhat joking here.  But the Angels should be competitive with a shot to win the AL West due to A's/Astros coming down a bit. 

That's actually the truly disappointing thing -- the division is there for the taking.  But it's same old thing of building the back end of rotation with guys who you hope will do better than the prior year horrible back end guys....and the rest of rotation stay healthy for once.....while waiting for farm to progress and be ML ready.

So do we really think Ozuna is 30? Arte clearly favors hitting, maybe he signs him to play right field and DH? He'd be at least a 2 war player in that lineup. He'd likely command 18 million a year for probably 3 years minimum. Trout, Rendon, Ozuna would be pretty potent.

18 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

So do we really think Ozuna is 30? Arte clearly favors hitting, maybe he signs him to play right field and DH? He'd be at least a 2 war player in that lineup. He'd likely command 18 million a year for probably 3 years minimum. Trout, Rendon, Ozuna would be pretty potent.

The issue is that his defense isn't good, even if LF. The Angels would have to move him or Upton to RF, which would make the defense even worse.

49 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's been a combination of factors.

I think the big mistake was putting all their eggs in the Garret Cole basket last year. The team has passed on a lot of 6, 7's and 8's because they wanted to pull a 10. Right now they are playing the field with a bunch of 5's because they are broke.

Magnified by the fact that if the reports are true we were never really in it... but yes, we blew last off season pitching wise.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

The issue is that his defense isn't good, even if LF. The Angels would have to move him or Upton to RF, which would make the defense even worse.

That doesn't really matter. Minasian has talked about the SP staff being groundball heavy. Ozuna will make up with his bat for any defense he lacks in.

24 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

if Bauer "only" got 3/100 I'm going to be pissed. I understand getting outbid on Cole. 

It could also be that he wanted to sign with the Mets because they are a better team with a better pitching staff and they don't currently employ a pitching coach he doesn't like that just got suspended and is under investigation.