• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Give me Odorizzi. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of this but I am inclined to believe his 2019 is close to what we will get from him. His fastball was the reason for his breakout in 2019 where he averaged 92.9 mph that season. Last year, albeit in limited innings, he was at an average of 93.0. His 2021 season (13.2 innings) he had an abnormally high HR9 at 2.63. His previous high was 1.88 in 2017 and his previous two seasons with the Twins were at 0.91 and 1.10. Odorizzi will give us another number 2 or 3 pitcher to go along with Bundy and Heaney and most importantly will give us another pitcher under contract past this upcoming season. I also think the Maddon connection and Alex Cobb trade will likely make us the favorites for him if we are legitimately interested. Give him 3 years at 40-42 million.

Edited by rafibomb

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

DJ- 6 years
Realmuto- 5 years

Ozuna -4 years plus option

McCann-4 years

Hendricks-3 years plus option

La Stella- 3 years (haha)

Bauer-3 years 

Mike Minor- 2 years

I have to be missing some multi year deals, right?

Springer

Wong

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

DJ- 6 years
Realmuto- 5 years

Ozuna -4 years plus option

McCann-4 years

Hendricks-3 years plus option

La Stella- 3 years (haha)

Bauer-3 years 

Mike Minor- 2 years

I have to be missing some multi year deals, right?

Jason Castro, Kolten Wong, Kiké Hernandez, Didi Gregorious, Anthony Bass, Kohei Arihara, Chris Flexen, Trevor May, Tommy Kahnle, Blake Treinen, Pedro Baez, Michael Brantley, Robbie Grossman, and Carlos Santana (2 years)

Jurickson Profar (3 years)

Ha-seong Kim (4 years)

George Springer (6 years)

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

If the Pittsburgh Pirates take the field as currently constructed, the 26 players on the active roster will be making less money than Bauer this year.

I bet the Pirates win more games than Bauer. 

But it might be close. 

3 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Give me Odorizzi. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of this but I am inclined to believe his 2019 is close to what we will get from him. His fastball was the reason for his breakout in 2019 where he averaged 92.9 mph that season. Last year, albeit in limited innings, he was at an average of 93.0. His 2021 season (13.2 innings) he had an abnormally high HR9 at 2.63. His previous high was 1.88 in 2017 and his previous two seasons with the Twins were at 0.91 and 1.10. Odorizzi will give us another number 2 or 3 pitcher to go along with Bundy and Heaney and most importantly will give us another pitcher under contract past this upcoming season. I also think the Maddon connection and Alex Cobb trade will likely make us the favorites for him if we are legitimately interested. Give him 3 years at 40-42 million.

I agree. At worst he’s a good #3, even next year. Solidifies the rotation going into the next few years. Not sure they will do it though. 

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Odorizzi is good, but again, I don't think the Angels add anymore SP. If they did, they'd have to move Canning to the bullpen and lose Barria, neither of which are in the best interest of the team.

I think they'll bring in one more solid reliever, and a Billy Hamilton type of 4th outfielder.

And settle for 3rd or 4th in the AL west what a waste of trout🤔

Hope I am wrong but to me this off season seems like a massive missed opportunity, criminal when you think we are one of the top end budget franchises.