• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

21 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Alright, SJW. I understand each player plays an individual part in what the overall outcome looks like. Certain players (Quintana, Cobb) come in to help solidify a piece where the Angels needed to get better (Being depth). 

All i'm saying is at the end of the day I see roughly the same outcome and I hope they prove me wrong. 

If you were honest you would say that you think that the Angels need to spend whatever it takes, CBT and yearly internal budget be damned.  If this isnt the case, your posts arent congruent with an acceptance that Arte is committed to abiding by those limits.  Yes, egregious mistakes have occured, but they are where they are and improvement will have to be scratched out within those limitations, per the owner.  Its easy to be in the peanut gallery because anything you suggest is oblivious to the fiscal realities and precepts that are the prerogative of ownership.

41 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Alright, SJW. I understand each player plays an individual part in what the overall outcome looks like. Certain players (Quintana, Cobb) come in to help solidify a piece where the Angels needed to get better (Being depth). 

All i'm saying is at the end of the day I see roughly the same outcome and I hope they prove me wrong. 

So Quintana and Cobb will put up a 9 ERA? That'll be fun. Unlikely, though. 

5 hours ago, Trendon said:

That the Angels were strongly pursuing Soria and the fact that they were interested in Brad Hand seems to indicate that they are still active in the relief market.

I'm not fully convinced that they are, but they should be and I sure hope they are.

I think them being mentioned as in on Hand, Soria, and Odorizzi is a sign they are at least still looking. It’s not like the Cobb move takes them out of that. If Perry is content with “decent”, by his own words, he will be asked about that all year. It may have been a poor word choice, but he is now accountable (if they do nothing) to tell the writers and fans that only decent pitching, with Trout and Rendon on your team, is ok. 

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yeah it's probably nothing, but it's winter time. We scrutinize everything.

They have to trade him, Adell or Marsh. Trout is in the OF for 10 more years. The key is to trade the one you are ok letting go at the peak of his value. Marsh is near his peak prospect value now. Adell is probably at his near low. Adams? Some teams may see a future great CF. He’s a borderline Top-100 guy right now (made Baseball Prospectus list). I’d trade him, a really young guy, and Canning for Contreras and Hendricks. 

9 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

They have to trade him, Adell or Marsh. Trout is in the OF for 10 more years. The key is to trade the one you are ok letting go at the peak of his value. Marsh is near his peak prospect value now. Adell is probably at his near low. Adams? Some teams may see a future great CF. He’s a borderline Top-100 guy right now (made Baseball Prospectus list). I’d trade him, a really young guy, and Canning for Contreras and Hendricks. 

Adams and Canning don't get you even one of those guys, let alone both. Adding a young guy isn't changing that. 

20 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I think some of your assessments on ability, and trade price are inaccurate. But at some point, it is likely that one of those three will be dealt. 

9 hours ago, Second Base said:

I think some of your assessments on ability, and trade price are inaccurate. But at some point, it is likely that one of those three will be dealt. 

Yeah, I didn't mean I thought that was something the Cubs would go for. It would clearly not be enough for both. But finding a team that loves Adams wouldn't be too hard. It doesn't make sense to hold on to blocked guys. 

Just now, ThisismineScios said:

Yeah, I didn't mean I thought that was something the Cubs would go for. It would clearly not be enough for both. But finding a team that loves Adams wouldn't be too hard. It doesn't make sense to hold on to blocked guys. 

But as Secondbase has mentioned a lot in the past is trading guys at the peak of their value.  While I would not be opposed to trading Adams in the right deal, it might be best to trade him when his value is highest.  I would say that Marsh is an example of a guy at peak value right now.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But as Secondbase has mentioned a lot in the past is trading guys at the peak of their value.  While I would not be opposed to trading Adams in the right deal, it might be best to trade him when his value is highest.  I would say that Marsh is an example of a guy at peak value right now.  

Yeah that's what I had said in an earlier post. In terms of using them in a trade, you trade them at their peak prospect value. If you allow them to come to the majors, either they lose value (because they're bad) or they set the world on fire and you don't trade them because they help you win. 

I see it as this:
Marsh: near his prospect peak, and therefore his peak trade value. If he doesn't get to the majors this year, and has a good year in the minors, maybe he jumps up in the Top 100. But he's floating around 30-50 on most lists. 

Adell: Probably near his low. He was a Top-5 prospect that came up and struggled. He's on the verge of being a starter, but he has lost some of his luster as a prospect.

Adams: On the way up but still has not come close to his peak. Wouldn't necessarily make sense to trade him unless a team overvalues him. 

25 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Maddon mentioned Marsh, Detmers and Rodriguez by name the other day in that podcast. I would be shocked if they traded any of these 3 guys. Maddon obviously sees a future with all 3 of them. 

I agree. I don't think they will trade Marsh, Adell, Detmers or Rodriguez. The farm just doesn't have enough pitching depth for them to give up their only two good pitching prospects. I think fans are jumping the gun a bit on Rodriguez being near the majors. He's finally healthy, but he hasn't pitched a full season of pro ball. He needs to pitch a full season in the minors before we can count on him for 2022.