• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

15 minutes ago, floplag said:

There isnt an emote strong enough to express my feelings at this comment.
Every fan knows this is BS, even fans that know literally nothing about the Angels know this is BS... why does our front office insist on saying things like this. 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You can always spot the Debbie Downers a mile away from bunch.

The Debbie Downers only read the part that Perry said: "But right now we feel like we're in a decent spot."

Never mind when he said: "we're always looking to add depth and impact." We've added the depth, but maybe an impact arm is still in the cards. 

I agree Chuck

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Sounds like leverage when dealing with free agent asking prices. Clearly it’s not true and as chuck mentioned he states they need impact 

Honestly, how does this create leverage?  Does him saying it somehow make anyone thing oh I better take 5m less when we, they and the peanut gallery knows its nonsense?
Besides i dont think they are looking at FA anymore. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Knew this was coming the minute i saw chucks post, would have bet this was coming in fact, lol 
Youre as predictable as ever Strad. 

Aren’t we all.  Quotes to the media mean very little, you know this, but it still gets a rise out of you.  You also cherry picked what you read.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Another player Maddon managed while with the Cubs. 

The 27-year old switch hitting Garcia hit 32 home runs between AAA and the Cubs in 2019 as a 2B. He can also play the OF. 

Garcia held his own in his 31-game debut for the Cubs in 2019, hitting a lopsided but respectable .208/.275/.500. A 43.8 percent strikeout rate didn't bode particularly well for the future, however.

26 minutes ago, floplag said:

Honestly, how does this create leverage?  Does him saying it somehow make anyone thing oh I better take 5m less when we, they and the peanut gallery knows its nonsense?
Besides i dont think they are looking at FA anymore. 

It makes the free agent lose options. If you appear disinterested then the agent needs to start looking at options b,c,d. In that case perhaps you are willing to take less money to be in a better position to win rather than an extra 5m a season to go to the marlins for example. Completely hypothetical but hopefully that makes sense

it’s a poker bluff 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The 27-year old switch hitting Garcia hit 32 home runs between AAA and the Cubs in 2019 as a 2B. He can also play the OF. 

Garcia held his own in his 31-game debut for the Cubs in 2019, hitting a lopsided but respectable .208/.275/.500. A 43.8 percent strikeout rate didn't bode particularly well for the future, however.

That swing looks like Soriano 

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We are pretty right handed heavy.  So bench lefty?

Platoon Splits

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+
vs RHP 24   60 54 6 13 2 1 4 9 0 0 5 24 .241 .300 .537 .837 29 0 0 0 1 0 0 .333 117 118
vs LHP 12   20 18 2 2 0 1 1 2 0 0 2 11 .111 .200 .389 .589 7 2 0 0 0 0 0 .167 51 49

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

We are pretty right handed heavy.  So bench lefty?

Platoon Splits

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+
vs RHP 24   60 54 6 13 2 1 4 9 0 0 5 24 .241 .300 .537 .837 29 0 0 0 1 0 0 .333 117 118
vs LHP 12   20 18 2 2 0 1 1 2 0 0 2 11 .111 .200 .389 .589 7 2 0 0 0 0 0 .167 51 49

Bench lefty that can crush late inning relievers fastballs over the fence. I'll take it. 

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Aren’t we all.  Quotes to the media mean very little, you know this, but it still gets a rise out of you.  You also cherry picked what you read.  

Is that not the point of these forums, to discuss such things?  What should we only wit once everything is 100% confirmed?  99% of these types of places is pure speculation.  

19 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

It makes the free agent lose options. If you appear disinterested then the agent needs to start looking at options b,c,d. In that case perhaps you are willing to take less money to be in a better position to win rather than an extra 5m a season to go to the marlins for example. Completely hypothetical but hopefully that makes sense

it’s a poker bluff 

i get the idea, but thats only true if you buy whats being said. does anyone in our case?
To use your analogy its like bluffing AFTER showing your cards.