• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell is a hot mess

Chuck

9 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It's almost as if Eppler hasn't done a good job and is hiding behind the failures of Dipoto. The farm system hasn't produced anything besides Fletcher during his time here. 

I guess Fletcher made the majors on Eppler’s watch but he was drafted in June of 2015, before Eppler was hired....the 2015 draft was just before DiPoto quit....

5 hours ago, Angel said:

Do you guys still believe Adell was actually a top 6 prospect?  I know these things are intangible but he hasn't shown much of anything while players like Tatis who were ranked similarly are raking or AT THE VERY LEAST showing flashes of what's to come during their struggles, like Trout did with his speed/defense.

As far as I'm concerned the farm director and scouts heads are on the block.

Yes. He's 21 years old. Not every top prospect comes up and kills it, including Mike Trout.

I know you brought up his defense, which has been horrid, but nobody would notice it as much if he was hitting.

Edited by tdawg87

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yes. He's 21 years old. Not every top prospect comes up and kills it, including Mike Trout.

I know you brought up his defense, which has been horrid, but nobody would notice it as much if he was hitting.

Adell owning the worst play likely in this century (a base 4 error from the warning track) will likely always be remembered.  Let's hope he uses this as fuel to fire him up, otherwise I think he's going to fold under the pressure.

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah, but the lack of defensive skills is alarming.  When we were playing the Giants, Adell caught a medium-depth flyball with Baby Panda on third.  I thought to myself, "This will be close."  Instead, Adell catches the ball flat-footed, goes into this crow-hop trying to gain momentum, takes a day and a half to wind up his arm, and the throw (which was weak), was cutoff.  He has a looooong way to go.  

58 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We're Angels fans so we bitch about anything short of perfection 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

We're Angels fans so we bitch about anything short of perfection 

Well, we also are bitching (rightly so) about things that are no where near being perfection.  I don't think I've ever seen the Angels play this bad (with a few exceptions, that better not be involved in a trade). It's so sad, especially now when we were looking for a nice diversion of the mess of 2020.  

I wished the shutdown would’ve been the entire season so the entire league could’ve started their offseason deals early and worked on rule changes. This season has turned out to be a disaster for the Angels. Just another season gone by with no postseason for Trout most likely.

18 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I wished the shutdown would’ve been the entire season so the entire league could’ve started their offseason deals early and worked on rule changes. This season has turned out to be a disaster for the Angels. Just another season gone by with no postseason for Trout most likely.

What rule changes are they working on in the off season? 

I just don’t see a star in Adell. He doesn’t seem to have that “it” factor. That’s something you just can’t teach. I don’t know what it is but he just doesn’t seem like he has what a takes to be a good big league player. 

His swing is way to long.

He whiffs at a lot of pitches.

He has zero baseball IQ

His defense isn’t just horrible, it’s horrific.

I literally have zero confidence he will ever come through in a clutch spot. Look at Luis Robert or Tatis... those are superstars in the making. Adell isn’t that. 

At this point, we have the offense. I would not be mad or shocked if we traded him for some pitching. We don’t have 3 years to develop this kid. He’s a BIG work in progress. We need to win now.

Good point, Bronson, but how much of those problems can be attributed to greenness/nervousness/lack of confidence in a slow start?

He has been playing ball since he was a kid. Bronson is right, I hate to say. Greenness/nervousness/ lack of confidence. Sorry, he is not as advertised. He stinks. Brandon Woods, only worse. 

Although I have no knowledge of this, Upton appears lazy and prepaid.  Weak sauce. 

16 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

I just don’t see a star in Adell. He doesn’t seem to have that “it” factor. That’s something you just can’t teach. I don’t know what it is but he just doesn’t seem like he has what a takes to be a good big league player. 

His swing is way to long.

He whiffs at a lot of pitches.

He has zero baseball IQ

His defense isn’t just horrible, it’s horrific.

I literally have zero confidence he will ever come through in a clutch spot. Look at Luis Robert or Tatis... those are superstars in the making. Adell isn’t that. 

At this point, we have the offense. I would not be mad or shocked if we traded him for some pitching. We don’t have 3 years to develop this kid. He’s a BIG work in progress. We need to win now.

Good point, Bronson, but how much of those problems can be attributed to greenness/nervousness/lack of confidence in a slow start?

He has been playing ball since he was a kid. Bronson is right, I hate to say. Greenness/nervousness/ lack of confidence. Sorry, he is not as advertised. He stinks. Brandon Woods, only worse. 

Although I have no knowledge of this, Upton appears lazy and prepaid.  Weak sauce. 

Cool thanks for your input.  

On 8/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, Chuckster70 said:

jo-adell.png

Disclaimer: Jo Adell will most likely become a good major league baseball player down the road. This post is identifying how bad he is right now, not a preview of what's to come from this young man down the road. He obviously needs more minor league seasoning.

I agree! 

Since this team is out of playoff contention, I don't mind if he gets that seasoning in the big leagues at this juncture. 

On August 23, 2020 at 5:03 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I can't believe how someone who got picked that high in the draft, performed really well in the minor leagues and was selected as one of the top 3 prospects in all of baseball could play so poorly in every aspect of the game. When I say every aspect, I mean every aspect! 

I agree  

On 8/24/2020 at 11:15 AM, Kevinb said:

What is the unique nature of this year? Because no fans are in the stadiums? Because of outside Covid fears? Has anyone who is of any consequence opted out from the Angels. Heck even Trout only missed what 3 games? This year is unique in it's shorter, and no fans are in the stands. But everyone is playing the same game. We are facing teams who are in the exact same situation. It's not like the Angels are the only one dealing with Covid while everyone else is not. 

Players can handle 1 bad month in a 162 game season, but in a 30 game season 1 bad month is all she wrote...

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree still. 

Boggles my mind how someone that talented could play that bad during a 2-3 week stretch. 

Happy to see him tapping into that talent that made him a top 10 pick. 

This is what he does...    He is still exactly the same guy he was a week ago when people were talking about trading him...