• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell is a hot mess

Chuck

jo-adell.png

Disclaimer: Jo Adell will most likely become a good major league baseball player down the road. This post is identifying how bad he is right now, not a preview of what's to come from this young man down the road. He obviously needs more minor league seasoning.

I can't believe how someone who got picked that high in the draft, performed really well in the minor leagues and was selected as one of the top 3 prospects in all of baseball could play so poorly in every aspect of the game. When I say every aspect, I mean every aspect! 

His approach at the plate is extremely poor, his speed is notable on running to first base on a ground ball, but slower than molasses running to the ball in the outfield. His baserunning awareness is lacking as well. I had thought that he had a strong arm, but his throws have looked pretty weak as well. 

If there's a team out there that is willing to give us a solid starting pitcher, or even a top 10 prospect that can pitch, hell even a close top 50 prospect that can pitch, I would make that deal in a heartbeat. 

9 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

ANd he should be send down to Long Beach.

Than We should call up Marsh, atleast with Marsh, he won't make stupid desensive error. 

They should play Ward and hope some team develops an interest.

1 minute ago, wopphil said:

Send him down. 

To what? If he is off the big league roster, he sees no game action until 2021.

I'm not ready to write the kid off after roughly half of the most bizarre season in MLB history: Spring training abruptly cut off in March, followed by three months of nothing, then, OK, guys, let's go, we're going to play 60 games in empty ballparks.

11 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

I've said this on other threads, he was placed in a very difficult situation this year because of the Covid 19 season. He would have started the year in AAA during a normal season. He would have continued to develop in RF there like they had him doing last year in both AA and AAA. He would have come to the Angels when he showed he was ready based on his development in AAA

He only played 27 games in AAA last year and has only played 175 minor league games outside of rookie ball.

He's not ready.

Yet.

But don't write him off after 14 MLB games.

This ^^^^^^

I can give him some slack for playing RF, but to stand flat footed a few feet away from 2nd base in the 10th and just watch the ball bugs me.  He did nothing to force the Defense into even attempting to make a play.  It's like he has never been in this situation before.  Hopefully he will get some practice / instruction on these types of situations.

30 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

To what? If he is off the big league roster, he sees no game action until 2021.

I'm not ready to write the kid off after roughly half of the most bizarre season in MLB history: Spring training abruptly cut off in March, followed by three months of nothing, then, OK, guys, let's go, we're going to play 60 games in empty ballparks.

Agree, but he does need to start 2021 in AAA.

47 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Well one observation is that he’s a great athlete but he is overmatched against MLB pitching.

And that might change....but he needs a lot of work to make it happen....no way to know yet.....one thing we do know, he badly needed a minor league season this year.....

I’d rather he keep playing up in the bigs than just working out in Long Beach. Nothing to lose and everything to gain as he prepares for next year.

I’m reminded of how flat out awful Terry Bradshaw was when he first came up with the Steelers. They were patient with him and let him work thru it, and it turned out pretty well. I’m not saying Adell will lead us to four super bowl championships, but it’s way too early to throw in the towel on him.