• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell is a hot mess

Chuck

7 minutes ago, calscuf said:

So it should be noted my joke about the INO drive through exit velocity was deleted (which was non-offensive and hilarious, though off-topic) and also my serious and legitimate post about Adell arguing balls and strikes and wearing political clothing the day he was called up and continuing.  There is an expected level of humility for rookies that he has failed to live up to and he certainly hasn’t let his game speak for himself either.  Stop deleting legitimate opinions.  

I believe this to be true. Adell trying to be Tatis in everything except performance. I loved Tatis hitting the Grand Slam and and his hair dont bother me because he performs. Adell just a little to image focused for a guy who sucks ass right now. 

On July 23, 2020 at 3:14 PM, PattyD22 said:

Let me translate what Eppler is telling Adell.  

“We just want to have an extra year of club control over you Jo.”  Oh, and work on catching some fly balls also.

On July 23, 2020 at 3:28 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Definitely could be. He probably took one bad route in the outfield and dropped a ball once in practice. 

On July 23, 2020 at 3:52 PM, Bronson said:

The only thing I’m afraid of... players aren’t stupid and don’t like shit like that. 

Remember how happy Trout was we didn’t do shit like that to him. I hope Adell doesn’t take it personally.

On July 23, 2020 at 6:52 PM, bloodbrother said:

Defense couldn't be worse than Upton's, and for that matter it's not like Goodwin is good defensively either. This is just them taking advantage of CBA with service time manipulation. Every team does it.

I agree 

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

So it should be noted my joke about the INO drive through exit velocity was deleted (which was non-offensive and hilarious, though off-topic) and also my serious and legitimate post about Adell arguing balls and strikes and wearing political clothing the day he was called up and continuing.  There is an expected level of humility for rookies that he has failed to live up to and he certainly hasn’t let his game speak for himself either.  Stop deleting legitimate opinions.  

image.gif

Adell described how he’s dealt with baseball being shut down by the coronaviruspandemic, and the ensuing labor talks between players and owners to start things up again.

He also described how all that has been overshadowed by the killings of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor (in Adell’s hometown of Louisville), and George Floyd, and the protests that have followed. “I find myself consumed less with the return of baseball, and more with the challenges that black people in this country are experiencing,” Adell said.

I think we should be more concerned if we were in a playoff race. Like I've been saying, the season is over.... Let the young kids play and figure it out this year instead of going through this next year. 

Hey, in almost as many at bats, Jo Adell is hitting better than Upton and I'd still rather see him running around in the outfield than Justin Upton. At least there's potential to be worked with.

22 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I think Adell's performance will only help his exit velocity from the major league roster.

I really hope not. They’ve been banking on him to be their next superstar player. It would suck if he tapped out after playing really well in AA.

I think @Inside Pitch pretty much said all that needs to be said - thanks for that.

I'm not too worried. Sure, it is mildly disappointing that he isn't raking upon arrival, but give the kid a chance. He'll be a good major leaguer eventually.

That said, I'd still rather see Marsh. Send Adell down with a sense of what he needs to work on. It isn't a bad thing for him to realize that his raw talent can only take him so far. He's a good kid and will work hard.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yep

What's Upton's excuse?

The more at bats he gets the worse the predictive data is getting....  Just sayin.   

Dude needs to get ABs to show if he can get out of it -- but when you look worse when you do... eek.   If they decide to punt they may as well throw him out there everyday and see if he's shot or not

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Nice bump. Boy were we wrong about rushing him. 

I blame Upton. 

You shouldn’t blame Upton.  He really has nothing to do with it.  Adell is up here because there are no minor leagues, that really is the bottom line.  They chose to let him play, when he wasn’t ready because they decided playing in big league games before he was ready was critical to his development.  If Upton was tearing the cover off of the ball Adell would still be here and Goodwin would get less at bats.  

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

The more at bats he gets the worse the predictive data is getting....   Just sayin...

Now say it different.  Are you saying the more at bats Upton gets the more it looks like he is unlucky?  Or the more his predictive stats make it look like he is done?  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Now say it different.  Are you saying the more at bats Upton gets the more it looks like he is unlucky?  Or the more his predictive stats make it look like he is done?  

His hard hit numbers are going in the wrong direction.   Same thing with his exit velocity.  It's the pop-ups driving both those data points down and he's still managed to show higher exit velocities on some balls including hitting 108 on the one ball he barreled.   So the one ball he's actually connected on, he torqued.   But he's only connected that one time..     He's off, still getting under balls, but still very off.   

Not sure how they go about figuring out if it's a new norm or Upton being Upton unless he gets at bats so..    here we are.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

His hard hit numbers are going in the wrong direction.   Same thing with his exit velocity.  It's the pop-ups driving both those data points down and he's still managed to show higher exit velocities on some balls including hitting 108 on the one ball he barreled.   So the one ball he's actually connected on, he torqued.   But he's only connected that one time..     He's off, still getting under balls, but still very off.   

Not sure how they go about figuring out if it's a new norm or Upton being Upton unless he gets at bats so..    here we are.

They really need to play him every single day for the rest of the season.  Same with Adell.  Trade Goodwin for the best arm you can get for him and his 2 years of control.  We have to know what Upton is going into next season.  

While I found it interesting, I never thought calling him up so soon was a good idea.  As @Inside Pitch mentioned, his short stint at AAA last year made it fairly obvious he wasn't ready.  My guess is that they didn't want him losing a whole year of PT if he didn't have to.  That was a mistake.  

It's now gone beyond him not being ready to him being in his own head.  He's trying too hard even though his outward demeanor is that of playing it cool.  

To me, it makes more sense to play Upton as much as possible.  

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They really need to play him every single day for the rest of the season.  Same with Adell.  Trade Goodwin for the best arm you can get for him and his 2 years of control.  We have to know what Upton is going into next season.  

They should put Upton in tonight’s lineup.

E999259E-61CA-42DE-B1B3-6B389C7D17B7.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You shouldn’t blame Upton.  He really has nothing to do with it.  Adell is up here because there are no minor leagues, that really is the bottom line.  They chose to let him play, when he wasn’t ready because they decided playing in big league games before he was ready was critical to his development.  If Upton was tearing the cover off of the ball Adell would still be here and Goodwin would get less at bats.  

I'm pretty sure if Upton was earning his paycheck combined with solid production from Goodwin, Adell would continue to get reps in Long Beach. So yeah, I blame Upton.