• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

No because the trade completely favored the Angels.  So why would he back out now when the trade can actually happen.  If he backed out 3 days ago that would be one thing.  

it meant the Arte paying an additional 8m to make the deal happen and keep prospects to make the team better.  You may want to have an open mind about this one.  

If Arte pulled out because the Dodgers asked for more than the original deal, or one of our top blue chippers, then I don't fault him, if he pulled out because he is an impatient old man then it's on him, but if the Dodgers pulled the trade because they realized they didn't need the Angels in any of this, then f*$k the Dodgers in every conceivable way. 

Angels still get Adell and Marsh in the line up before we know it. It’s a bummer we didn’t get Stripling. But I can see Eppler still making another move for pitching. Deals fall through all the time. It happens. Be bummed for a minute and get ready for a good Angels season about to start. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It’s ok to be mad about this without blaming Arte.  

You are the one denying reports from well-respected/informed writers, not the other way around. It's amazing how clouded your judgement gets with regards to certain people inside the organization.

It's possible you end up right, but just as possible you are dead wrong. To be spouting off "no chance Arte pulled out" after that tweet is bizarre delusion

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, so they had a deal in place, the Marlins asked for more and that is Arte pulling out of a trade?  

Who knows what the heck is going on. 10 minutes ago the report was that the Angels deal was being 'slightly reworked' or something like that. I feel like that makes things comparable.

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

You are the one denying reports from well-respected/informed writers, not the other way around. It's amazing how clouded your judgement gets with regards to certain people inside the organization.

Because it lacks common sense.  Also lets not pretend that these reporters don’t make mistakes.  Exhibit A: every tweet about this trade for the better part of a week.

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It would not surprise me if a new deal is worked out. The Dodgers still have to make some kind of move unless they are suddenly not worried about the luxury tax.

Unless Eppler and Friedman have a really good relationship, I doubt it....Somebody pulled the plug and I don’t think that Humpty Dumpty gets put back together....

2 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

If Arte pulled out because the Dodgers asked for more than the original deal, or one of our top blue chippers, then I don't fault him, if he pulled out because he is an impatient old man then it's on him, but if the Dodgers pulled the trade because they realized they didn't need the Angels in any of this, then f*$k the Dodgers in every conceivable way. 

I still don't understand why the Dodgers would pull out of the deal. They need to shed payroll and clear a roster spot.

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Rosenthal did not report that Arte backed out of the deal. He reported 'conflicting reports' one of which was that Arte backed out. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I still don't understand why the Dodgers would pull out of the deal. They need to shed payroll and clear a roster spot.

It's possible in the past few days they heard that they could get a better return for Joc and/or Stripling? IDK it's speculation and I guess we'll find out in the coming week or so (Maybe)