• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

42 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not really sure how it is that the Dodgers would go from wanting the deal to not wanting the deal... The extra $10m going to Minnesota might screw up their luxury tax plans I guess, but in that case I'm not sure why they are trading Maeda in the first place.

The Red Sox did wind up eating nearly half of Price's salary, that is a lot of money.

1 minute ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Not sure why everyone is pissed at Chicken Strip.  He's on a team that went to the World Series twice in three years.  If you were about to be relocated and you find out that maybe you weren't, wouldn't you celebrate? 

Well, yes. Going from the Dodgers to the Angels is a massive downgrade, not gonna lie.

Just now, aznhockeyguy said:

Not sure why everyone is pissed at Chicken Strip.  He's on a team that went to the World Series twice in three years.  If you were about to be relocated and you find out that maybe you weren't, wouldn't you celebrate? 

Yeah, kind of agree with this sentiment.

Fuck this shit if its true, if we did pull out...fucking Arte. 

2 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Agreed, except, it's likely the Chicken Strip still gets traded and this time he'll actually have to change his address.

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Maybe but that seems worse to me. "Dodgers pull out of deal and tell media it was Arte who threw a tantrum" is gona create a lot more negative pushback than simply saying the deal didn't work for them anymore.

You dont really need to go anywhere other than this thread to see people willing to believe it was Arte pitching a fit.   So.... 

Sooner or later we will find out what really happened.  I'll wait until then before deciding who to say mean things about.

I could see the Angels having another deal lined up instead. I don't think Eppler is the type to sit and wait and when the league heard of the potential trade for Strip/Joc, Eppler began shopping to other teams. 

Nvm we got buttercupped.

Edited by rafibomb

Per the reading its possible we were the ones that pulled out, but no one is saying why so its kinda meaningless.
There is no way we would pull out of the original deal so its obvious the original deal wasnt what was on the table anymore and the Dodgers likely came back asking for more or wanted to change the prospects i would think.

16 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Maybe another team will take Rengifo and give us the pieces to win the World Series?

All I know is that I now want the Angels to make it into a Highway World Series and we pull Luis Rengifo off the bench in Game 7, down by one and he crushes a 2-run homer to win it all.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Wasn't that part of the original deal though? The Red Sox aren't sending additional money as far as I know.

I thought I read that in the new deal they were still eating money? Could be wrong with all this shit flying around.

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I could see the Angels having another deal lined up instead. I don't think Eppler is the type to sit and wait and when the league heard of the potential trade for Strip/Joc, Eppler began shopping to other teams.

I can see us going to spring training this week with Felix Pena as starting pitching depth....whenever his knee heals....

7 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Knowing you’ll likely still be traded and have to move likely to a much inferior team than the Angels. Where they would field a good team and  you don’t have to move.