• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

6 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Not sure why everyone is pissed at Chicken Strip.  He's on a team that went to the World Series twice in three years.  If you were about to be relocated and you find out that maybe you weren't, wouldn't you celebrate? 

5 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Well, yes. Going from the Dodgers to the Angels is a massive downgrade, not gonna lie.

This is very true. It’s like going from  Morton’s Steakhouse to Chili’s 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Per the reading its possible we were the ones that pulled out, but no one is saying why so its kinda meaningless.
There is no way we would pull out of the original deal so its obvious the original deal wasnt what was on the table anymore and the Dodgers likely came back asking for more or wanted to change the prospects i would think.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that if Arte feels he has been screwed over in a deal, he lets others know. I think there is a real possibility that Arte did get screwed over in this whole thing and he is upset, possibly rightfully so. As @Inside Pitch said we won't know what happens (maybe never) until the dust settles. The fact that they are the other Los Angeles franchise will not help relations, possibly.

Just now, ettin said:

One thing I have noticed over the years is that if Arte feels he has been screwed over in a deal, he lets others know. I think there is a real possibility that Arte did get screwed over in this whole thing and he is upset, possibly rightfully so. As @Inside Pitch said we won't know what happens (maybe never) until the dust settles. The fact that they are the other Los Angeles franchise will not help relations, possibly.

Oh yeah.... He will flat out comment if it was him.   He did with Tex, he did with GMJ, he did with Hamilton.  

Just now, Stradling said:

If indeed this deal has fallen apart my guess is this is what happened.

The Dodgers ended up giving up more than they were going to in the original deal, so they asked the Angels to alter the deal, and they refused to give up more.  

Yeah, pretty likely...

Dodgers-Red Sox terms change...so do Angels-Dodgers terms, likely less favorable for the Angels.

I'll sure it will leak at some point.

Just now, Stradling said:

Also anyone wanna give me odds that this deal actually happens in a pretty similar way as it was originally presented?  I would not be surprised at all if tomorrow rolls around and we have Stripling and Joc and the Dodgers have Rengifo and others.

depends on why it fell apart in the first place.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If indeed this deal has fallen apart my guess is this is what happened.

The Dodgers ended up giving up more than they were going to in the original deal, so they asked the Angels to alter the deal, and they refused to give up more.  

Not unreasonable....but what was “more”? Marsh? I get that, screw them...but if it wasn’t a premium prospect and Arte balked out of “principal”, then screw Arte....it wasn’t the Dodgers who scuttled the original deal...it was the Sox....

i guess we’ll find out at some point....

Just now, DMVol said:

Not unreasonable....but what was “more”? Marsh? I get that, screw them...but if it wasn’t a premium prospec5 and Arte balked out of “principal”, then screw Arte....it wasn’t the Dodgers who scuttled the original deal...it was the Sox....

i guess we’ll find out at some point....

Well the Dodgers ended up giving up Jeter when they weren’t going to originally so it wouldn’t surprise me if they asked for something similarly.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Actually don't know who to be pissed at right now.  In principal, the deal seemed to be a solid one for the Angels and their chances in 2020.  The fact that they're not as good is why I'm most annoyed.  The details as to why, if they ever come out, aren't as important.  

This deal could’ve been the difference between making the postseason and missing the postseason. All the Angels had to do was give up Rengifo (who is very much redundant).

Hopefully Eppler has something else up his sleeve...

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I knew this had fucked vibes from the beginning.  I’m glad it’s done with. 

Now we will never know if we would have had to give up two of our #3-#10 prospects.... 😄