• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He also said that no should report on anything until it's official.

How do you guys feel about that one?

I think I agree with him. the rumor mill can be a problem at times.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

so one participant is deciding between a 3-way and 2-way vs. three 2-ways?  

I think @Tank dated a girl like that in high school.  

her name was candy and she had wanky eyes. wasn't a very good kisser.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Even getting a guy like Stripling and his 3 years of control for Rengifo was the result of a perfect storm.  I like Rengifo, but he isn’t the centerpiece of a good starting pitcher with any kind of control.  

I have to disagree with this. Rengifo has value and upside. Now is that worth a mid-rotation starter with three years of control? Maybe not, but with an additional prospect (or more) included he could. Luis put up 1.2 WAR across 357 PA's and has a full six years of control, the kid is going places in baseball. For instance, Rengifo would have been an overpay for Robbie Ray in my opinion (although I probably wouldn't have lost a lot of sleep if we had done that). He is nearly 23 years old and probably has not come into his full power yet, too?

I'm not saying he's worth a tremendous amount but he is worth slightly more than a lot of teams #3-#10 prospects. Of course he is no where close to a Jo Adell, particularly by pedigree, in terms of potential and thus not even worth half of Jo's value.

I just think the statement you made was to broad as there are good starting pitchers with 1-2 years of team control that Rengifo could be the centerpiece of, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He also said that no should report on anything until it's official.

How do you guys feel about that one?

*Obtained cake and currently licking it off my fingers*: Huh?

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

did your key writers leave permanently or are they on hiatus for other projects?  

asking for a friend.  

So first of all, if they are writing on my project they don't have time for any other projects.

Second they have all been writing under their pen names, @Lou, @Stradling, and @tdawg87.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t believe this part is true Chuck.  They’ll be able to trade Pederson regardless if it’s to the Angels.  

The Dodgers goal is to get under the luxury tax, with the current deal saving them about $10mil in next year's payroll. Any changes to the main deal could affect this, but as long as Betts is going to LA I don't think it's too concerning.

My understanding is that the Dodgers are trading Maeda to the Twins for Graterol. They’re then trading with Boston. The LA trades with the Angels and Twins are effectively done. Red Sox are negotiating with the Dodgers exclusively now, but the other trades are contingent on a deal here. 

Assuming it’ll take time for medicals reports to be reviewed. It’s looking positive, though.