• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

4 minutes ago, Hufflepuff said:

people on twitter are saying:

LAD gets: Taylor Ward and Rengifo

LAA gets: Stripling, Pederson, and Andy Pages

Sometimes rumors have some truth in them

Actually Rengifo and Ward are on the lower end of what I would expect. Rengifo has a bit more value than Ward but I would still be surprised if that was all that went in return to the Dodgers.

We'll find out soon enough but I just can't imagine the Angels giving up a lot in prospect capital considering Pederson is a salary dump.  If the Angels are in fact getting Pages it sounds like he'll be a top 10 prospect in the system so that would make it easier to absorb.  That said the Angels are dealing from a strength and helping to address their biggest weakness by adding Stripling who is under club control for 3 years.  On paper if it doesn't involve Adell/Marsh which it doesn't sound like it will based on every rumor we've heard then it's a good move.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dodgers are sending money to Minnesota...   I'm guessing they value whatever cap space the Stripling/Pederson deal will save them more than people believe.

this is the key.  it's 2 days before pitchers and catcher report.  Eppler and Arte used this as an opportunity to improve the team without giving much up.  We'll see, but that's where I think it's at.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So do they trade Goodwin once they get Pederson?

That's a good question.   Anyone remember how the final Goodwin arbitration hearing went down?  I don't remember.  Seems like 68 pages ago, LOL.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So do they trade Goodwin once they get Pederson?

maybe.  or Eppler get's ultra creative and moves Pederson for an mlb ready SP and eats some of his salary.  

the padres just missed out on betts and traded their potential CFer for a relief pitcher.  And they've got a ton of young pitching.  

or goody is our 4th OFer.