• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

Part of me hopes this deal doesn't go through just because I don't want to see the Dodgers get better. 

I'd like to see the Angels get Stripling and I wish it wasn't tied to the Dogs getting Betts.

At the end of the day, I want Stripling and hope Betts sucks in the NL. Odds are against me.

Edited by True Grich

12 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

If the trade doesn't go through will the Angels  just reinstate Rengilfo at second and act like nothing happened?

Try to trade him elsewhere?

Or do they still pursue Pederson and/or Stripling through other offers? Maybe the same combo, maybe something completely different.

I really think it will fall apart between the Angels and Dodgers because Betts was they key for them. Without him the Dodger outfield reverts to something like last year. And Pederson lost in arbitration and won't get a big raise. 

Maybe they move him at the deadline, but by then he wouldn't factor into the Angels plans. 

If I'm Pederson I want out of the Dodgers org ASAP, they basically had traded him away anyway, and as a double F$#k you to Joc, argued down his arbitration based on saying he was a platoon player. So there isn't much incentive for Joc to want to play for the Doyyers this season. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy who would demand a trade, but he has every right to feel somewhat disrespected by them.

Yea, I absolutely want this trade to happen.  I fully understand for this trade to happen it means the Dodgers improve, but I really don’t care.  My love of the Angels outweighs my hatred of the Dodgers or even the Red Sox.  The Dodgers are going to improve anyway.  The fact that they are above and beyond anyone else in baseball at drafting and more importantly developing, and they still haven’t won is a little surprising.  And in case I haven’t said it recently fuck the Astros.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Yea, I absolutely want this trade to happen.  I fully understand for this trade to happen it means the Dodgers improve, but I really don’t care.  My love of the Angels outweighs my hatred of the Dodgers or even the Red Sox.  The Dodgers are going to improve anyway.  The fact that they are above and beyond anyone else in baseball at drafting and more importantly developing, and they still haven’t won is a little surprising.  And in case I haven’t said it recently fuck the Astros.  

If anything, I'd be happy for the Dodgers and Angels to improve for the chances of a Freeway World Series, something most of us would want to see in our lifetime (at least I've always wanted it), and even more, people hailed Mookie as the pretender to the throne of Mike Trout, so imagine meeting the Dodgers in the World Series with Mookie in blue.....

....I'll be in Toby's bunk.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean to be fair, Joc has been a platoon player.  He only had like 40 AB’s against lefties last year. 

Yeah, but I'm speaking on the theoretical point of view from Joc's perspective, as someone who doesn't know him or has ever met him, and projecting my feelings upon him as all good internet message board prognosticators do to make me sound smarter than I actually am. 👍

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean to be fair, Joc has been a platoon player.  He only had like 40 AB’s against lefties last year. 

And he still would have been our third best hitter, our 2nd leading home run hitter and would have gotten on base at a high enough clip to bat in front of Trout when 80% of the pitchers in this league pitch.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

And he still would have been our third best hitter, our 2nd leading home run hitter and would have gotten on base at a high enough clip to bat in front of Trout when 80% of the pitchers in this league pitch.  

Ok. That doesn’t change that the dodgers weren’t wrong to argue that he’s been a platoon player. 

11 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

If I'm Pederson I want out of the Dodgers org ASAP, they basically had traded him away anyway, and as a double F$#k you to Joc, argued down his arbitration based on saying he was a platoon player. So there isn't much incentive for Joc to want to play for the Doyyers this season. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy who would demand a trade, but he has every right to feel somewhat disrespected by them.

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The point was that the Dodgers, per Rosenthal’s article, asked Joc to sit against lefties for the good of the team and then held him being a good teammate against him in the arbitration hearing. I’d be pissed by that as well. They do the same with guys like Maeda. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ok. That doesn’t change that the dodgers weren’t wrong to argue that he’s been a platoon player. 

They weren't, and they were doing what pretty much any baseball team would do, but if my employer argued against me getting a raise because I'd feel pretty disrespected by them and would want to look at employment elsewhere. I know everyone says "it's just business" but there is a human element to it. I bet Mookie feels similar as he has all but been traded this week and wouldn't be very excited to show up in Sox spring training.

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The point was that the Dodgers, per Rosenthal’s article, asked Joc to sit against lefties for the good of the team and then held him being a good teammate against him in the arbitration hearing. I’d be pissed by that as well. They do the same with guys like Maeda. 

Arbitration hearings, by their nature result in feelings being hurt.  As far as how they deal with their players before it ends up in arbitration then sure, the Dodgers are shit bags. 

5 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

What kind of mealy-mouthed nonsense is this?  "Asked" him to sit?  "Being a good teammate?"