• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

It was already said last night that it wasnt the top guys, if they are getting 2 i cant see Marsh here.  Adams, maybe, Marsh not so much.
If we do Marsh AND another, that deal shifts to thier favor real fast. 
I still think its more like Rengifo, Knowles/Devereaux/ and maybe a young pitcher, Yan perhaps one of those types.  They dont need ML ready, they are stacked, they need pipeline.

Just now, floplag said:

It was already said last night that it wasnt the top guys, if they are getting 2 i cant see Marsh here.  Adams, maybe, Marsh not so much.
If we do Marsh AND another, that deal shifts to thier favor real fast. 
I still think its more like Rengifo, Knowles/Devereaux/ and maybe a young pitcher, Yan perhaps one of those types.  They dont need ML ready, they are stacked, they need pipeline.

Yes, I know but at the same time these reports are constantly wrong.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

no way Eppler gives up Marsh in that deal.  Marsh could headline a deal for a front line starter.  Stripling is 30  and while hes been solid, he's not great.  

Marsh, Rengifo and another prospect should be able to get you Matt Boyd.  

Yeah but we're getting Pederson too. And Pages.

Just now, Dochalo said:

no way Eppler gives up Marsh in that deal.  Marsh could headline a deal for a front line starter.  Stripling is 30  and while hes been solid, he's not great.  

Stripling > Boyd... by a lot dude! 

No way I'm trading Marsh for Boyd. I'm saving him for our outfield or to acquire a legit #2 guy like Jon Gray, Mike Clevinger type.

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

That would be a disaster of a trade. Stripling is better than Boyd.

2 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Getting Stripling for the Angels rotation would be huge.

It would be helpful....the offense and defense are good enough that a rotation full of mid to back end guys can be successful.....

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes, I know but at the same time these reports are constantly wrong.  

Fair point.  all i know is that if we can pull this off without losing Marsh or Adams im going to be pleased.  If its Adams ill still be pleased pending who the third guy is as i assume that would go much further down the list just a little less so 🙂

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Stripling > Boyd... by a lot dude! 

No way I'm trading Marsh for Boyd. I'm saving him for our outfield or to acquire a legit #2 guy like Jon Gray, Mike Clevinger type.

that's my point.  I'm not giving up Marsh for Boyd or Stripling.  And Stripling isn't better than Boyd.  Stripling is used very carefully in less than 5 inning bursts and would rarely face a team a third time through.  If they did that with Boyd, you'd see much different numbers.   

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

that's my point.  I'm not giving up Marsh for Boyd or Stripling.  And Stripling isn't better than Boyd.  Stripling is used very carefully in less than 5 inning bursts and would rarely face a team a third time through.  If they did that with Boyd, you'd see much different numbers.   

Stripling's got that spin rate yo! 

He's also got some low miles on his arm, so I can see the Angels getting 160-200 innings out of the guy this year. That arm is fresh.

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

not to poo poo anything, but Stripling is 30 and had a bit of a velo drop on his FB last year.  

Not giving up Marsh for that.  

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/ross-stripling-2020-outlook-value-likely-capped-again/713659

This article mentions some concerns including that