• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Regarding the accuracy of the covid death counts, it would seem to me that it's likely being over reported at the hospital level. At the same time there are probably a lot of unreported deaths at home from the virus. Some of the estimates I've seen about inaccurate reporting point to estimates between 10-20% off, which isn't really a big deal. It means the arguments over the actual numbers don't really matter because who care what the difference between 1000 deaths and 1200 deaths really is, it's close enough.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Naw, I'm more Lou and contrarian. I've made fun of both sides, but I saw this in a podcast the other day and it's true even for here.......Cons are more defensive while Libs are more in your face told you so shit. I'm never here, but the quarantine has me shaking shit up. I'm not political, but follow and know some stuff so I'll chime in if I can back it up or correct someone.

I honestly don't care other than cracking jokes and making people laugh.

That’s why I put the question mark. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That’s why I put the question mark. 

Yeah, I didn't think anything of it. I kind of just look at facts from people or resources and it probably looks like I lean right.

Ironically, I think when I first got here I was more left, but then they annoyed the shit out of me and started going the SJW thing before it was a thing and I saw the writing on the wall, then I made a bunch of money and wanted to be a righty, but realized I live in a blue state and then didn't give a fuck. Just pull some Trump like loopholes with taxes and who cares.

Just now, Brandon said:

Yeah, I didn't think anything of it. I kind of just look at facts from people or resources and it probably looks like I lean right.

Ironically, I think when I first got here I was more left, but then they annoyed the shit out of me and started going the SJW thing before it was a thing and I saw the writing on the wall, then I made a bunch of money and wanted to be a righty, but realized I live in a blue state and then didn't give a fuck. Just pull some Trump like loopholes with taxes and who cares.

Yep I get it.  I hate extremes on either side. 

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Regarding the accuracy of the covid death counts, it would seem to me that it's likely being over reported at the hospital level. At the same time there are probably a lot of unreported deaths at home from the virus. Some of the estimates I've seen about inaccurate reporting point to estimates between 10-20% off, which isn't really a big deal. It means the arguments over the actual numbers don't really matter because who care what the difference between 1000 deaths and 1200 deaths really is, it's close enough.

That would mean we are off 9k to 18k deaths. most of the at home deaths are being added to the count. it really isnt a huge deal since the flu estimate is 23-61k this year. that is a huge range. we accept this from the flu because we dont test. require reporting, or shutdown the country.  the cdc owes us better numbers for a disease that is a mandatory report. cdc completely changed how deaths are attributed for covid. we also count cases by positive test. so a a positive individual get retested a week later will be counted as a new case if second test is positive.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Damn what party has this platform? I want in.

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't know if there is no solution, but it will take people prioritizing anti-corruption as policy and in order for that to happen we have to stop pretending we're all on different teams.

I don’t believe it is possible for this happen.  That’s just me. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did Rally and Cramp get a mention?

Rally is definitely a Lib, but more tolerable than most. Same with Cramp. 

In fact I wouldn't even label Cramp a lib, he just doesn't like Trump. He's probably more like Stradling but with more of a distaste for the Pres. 

All of that said, despite the political divide here I would enjoy a beer or drink with any of those that are on the other side. I would say 60% my friends lean more to the left than the right. We just know not to bring up politics when we're together. 

As a point of clarity @Stradling I don't think cons hate gays. I have some family members (cousins) who are gay and some good friends. Oddly enough, I also have a couple of Seattle friends (ex-colleagues) who vote Republican and like the POTUS. Go figure! 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

yes.

remember the good old days @gotbeer when @Adam used to rotate his profile picture to a different Asian dude every few weeks? 

My wife who is Taiwanese always got a kick out of those. I would always update her on Adam's latest profile pics on here. lol

Funny thing is, I think my wife cracks more jokes against Asians than Clint Eastwood did in Gran Torino. 

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Naw, I'm more Lou and contrarian. I've made fun of both sides, but I saw this in a podcast the other day and it's true even for here.......Cons are more defensive while Libs are more in your face told you so shit. I'm never here, but the quarantine has me shaking shit up. I'm not political, but follow and know some stuff so I'll chime in if I can back it up or correct someone.

I honestly don't care other than cracking jokes and making people laugh.

Does that mean Lou is a closet lib?