• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

The combo of hydroxychloroquine and antibiotics is especially deadly.  1 in 4 COVID-19 patients in this study died when taking both.

Why is this still news? If your doctor prescribes it to you and your uncomfortable taking it then tell them no. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why is this still news? If your doctor prescribes it to you and your uncomfortable taking it then tell them no. 

Researchers analyzed data from more than 96,000 patients with confirmed Covid-19 from 671 hospitals. All were hospitalized from late December to mid-April, and had died or been discharged by April 21.

Just below 15,000 patients were treated with the antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, or one of those drugs combined with an antibiotic.

All four of those treatments were linked with a higher risk of dying in the hospital. About 1 in 11 patients in the control group died in the hospital. About 1 in 6 patients treated with chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone died in the hospital. About 1 in 5 treated with chloroquine and an antibiotic died and almost 1 in 4 treated with hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic died. 

At this point if a doctor prescribes this to you for COVID-19 it's malpractice.

31 minutes ago, Rico said:

The combo of hydroxychloroquine and antibiotics is especially deadly.  1 in 4 COVID-19 patients in this study died when taking both.

Very flawed report.  It's not even a study, since it's just taking a broad snapshot of the data.

It's raw data, but does paint a clear picture. 

Of the 96k patients hospitalized 1 in 11 died. 

Of the 15k that were prescribed one of the two drugs 1 in 6 died.  When combined with an antibiotic the numbers get worse. 

38 minutes ago, Rico said:

It's raw data, but does paint a clear picture. 

Of the 96k patients hospitalized 1 in 11 died. 

Of the 15k that were prescribed one of the two drugs 1 in 6 died.  When combined with an antibiotic the numbers get worse. 

There are different stages of the virus.  We are also looking at November thru mid April.  When clinical data on the virus and drugs was minimal.  So of the 96k patients, how many were critical.  How many were just observational in the early stages or mid stages. 

Of those given hydro, what stages were they given it?  Let's put it this way, there is no vaccine.  There is no cure.  There are drugs like hydro, remdisivir, the Japanese drug that may or may not help.  Remdisivir actually is more recent in studies.  Hydro was actually recommended by the Chinese and there are studies to it's effectiveness.  So in February and March, a patient goes for the worse.  So with no data to back up anything, they give them hydro.  3 in 4 survive.  Or 1 in 4 die.  This is why a clear picture of the data is needed and not just a snapshot muddied picture that the article states.  If the data is showing that hydro was given only as a last resort to critical patients, than 3 in 4 survive isn't a bad stat.  If the data is showing that a random number of the 96k patients received hydro and 1 in 4 died.  Then it shows hydro isn't that good.  But considering this is a hospital setting and not a clinical study setting, my assumptions would be the hydro was given as a last resort to critical patients.  Because even if you are cynical about care in hospitals, most will not give an experimental drug to people who don't need it.  

31 minutes ago, Adam said:

I guess I'm just old and jaded but I don't believe there is such a thing as attempted suicide. There are suicides and there are attention seekers. I have no doubt that people are going to extremes to get out of their lockdown routines but as Master Yoda would say....

23 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I guess I'm just old and jaded but I don't believe there is such a thing as attempted suicide. There are suicides and there are attention seekers. I have no doubt that people are going to extremes to get out of their lockdown routines but as Master Yoda would say....

"I cry at times I once contemplated suicide,
and woulda' tried but when I held that 9, all I could see was my momma's eyes"

EDIT: sorry, that was Tupac 

7 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really don’t understand you guys feeling compelled to defend hydroxychloroquine.  

I’m more of the belief that these conversations are best suited with your doctor when they prescribe it to you. 

15 hours ago, arch stanton said:

They did say 'attempts' were up, but nothing about suicides being up. 

Easy to botch an attempt, too, from a suicidal intake therapist.

Sometimes it's attention, but there is no manual for it and sometimes resources are limited.

Wrist cutting seems to almost always fail because it's not done properly, overdosing on pills seems to leave more with health complications than death. Gun to the head works, but the weapon is hard to get. Not sure if people are drowning themselves or jumping off shit, these days.

Just came back from Lake Havasu.

Huge party at the London Bridge. Thousands of people were there.

Boats going up and down the channel. All the shops were open.

It was great to see everything open again and everyone having fun.

Trump flags were all over the place. Half of the boats had them.