• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

7 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Yay.   They won the week.  

According to figures collated by the Our World in Data website, Sweden had 6.08 deaths per million inhabitants per day on a rolling seven-day average between May 13 and May 20.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

They are at 380 per million, where the US is at 284 per million.  Oh, and they still have an economy and aren't trillions in debt.

But the real test will come in wave 2.  

5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I heard that guy interviewed on BBC Hard Talk yesterday and it got me thinking about this. Here in mid-May they have the highest death rate but I'm wondering if this is the time to start judging end results. What if 3 months from now they have a death rate close to 0 with something resembling herd immunity and everybody else is still trucking along at 3.5%? I just don't see the end of the tunnel anywhere near so I don't see a ton of value in numbers that pop up on this one random day in what could likely be the very early stages of the pandemic

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

I heard that guy interviewed on BBC Hard Talk yesterday and it got me thinking about this. Here in mid-May they have the highest death rate but I'm wondering if this is the time to start judging end results. What if 3 months from now they have a death rate close to 0 with something resembling herd immunity and everybody else is still trucking along at 3.5%? I just don't see the end of the tunnel anywhere near so I don't see a ton of value in numbers that pop up on this one random day in what could likely be the very early stages of the pandemic

You're correct and Sweden's approach is a long term play while a year plus from now is when the data comparisons will be relevant.  If Sweden's number drop off in so many months and they didn't tank their economy as bad as other countries while other countries are still dragging it out with similar rates of death over the long term then Sweden accomplished what they hoped to with their approach.  We're never going to get people to agree on one approach but the reality is the virus isn't going away and Sweden's attempting to keep those that are at risk quarantined while those that aren't are building up an immunity which vaccine or not has to happen long term.   

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

agreed, there is a long way to go.

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Spot on.

20 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Like everything else all the data related to this is going to be so distorted by partisanship and people’s thought preference that none of it matters.  Completely fucking broken. 

I agree! Our lovely (D) Governor Jay Indeep and his staff. 

20 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Remember De Santis (R) is doing a great job!

He still is. I'm headed there this Saturday to spend some time on the beach with my girls and have a meal and drink at a Bar n Grill. 

Can't wait. 

20 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

There is basically no solution to the problem.  Which is why I keep saying that my feeling is that we are in the midst of political collapse.  Which will result in other collapses.  But those can just remain unsaid.  Everyone hates politics. 

I don't know if there is no solution, but it will take people prioritizing anti-corruption as policy and in order for that to happen we have to stop pretending we're all on different teams.

17 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

"You shouldn't have stayed inside all the time, lady. You would have developed herd immunity if you had joined the crowd outside. By the way, I'm SARS-CoV-2 in its mutated form. Mr. Death to you."

twilight_zone_nothing_in_the_dark_01.jpg

(old-timers will get the reference)

I get that reference. It's a classic episode. You ageist.

Edited by tdawg87