• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Looks like the government is indeed lying to us about COVID-19.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/19/florida-covid-19-coronavirus-data-researcher-out-state-reopens/5218897002/

After USA TODAY Network first reported Jones' removal from her position in charge of the Florida COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard she created, she confirmed, as reported by CBS-12 in West Palm Beach that she was fired because she was ordered to censor some data, but refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Like everything else all the data related to this is going to be so distorted by partisanship and people’s thought preference that none of it matters.  Completely fucking broken. 

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Don't look now, but China's got a new outbreak in the northeast and is locking down 100 million people.

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/05/19/bloomberg-dont-look-now-china-just-locked-100-million-new-covid-19-outbreak/

This is actually sort of old news.  I think the lock down there goes back at least 3 weeks.  Also, it’s funny this site is hotair.com

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Like everything else all the data related to this is going to be so distorted by partisanship and people’s thought preference that none of it matters.  Completely fucking broken. 

That's up there with Georgia who conveniently re-ordered the calendar so it appeared cases were trending down

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/18/only-america-is-sunday-day-after-thursday/

April 30 was followed by May 4; May 5 was followed by May 2, which was followed by May 7 — which in turn was followed by April 26. The dates had been re-sorted to create the illusion of a decline. The five counties were likewise re-sorted on each day to enhance the illusion.

Using the new Georgia calendar

Original-graph.png

Using a standard calendar

graph-with-corrected-x-axis.png

The also created a new logarithmic scale apparently

bad-fox-news-graph.jpg

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is actually sort of old news.  I think the lock down there goes back at least 3 weeks.  Also, it’s funny this site is hotair.com

I'm not keeping up with the news so much these days, especially about the virus because I'm sick of hearing about it constantly.

Spending some time watching old TV Westerns like Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. Matt Dillon is a badass in the early episodes which are running now.  "Get out of Dodge and don't ever come back. If I see you here again I'll kill you." Ah, the good old days.

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

That's up there with Georgia who conveniently re-ordered the calendar so it appeared cases were trending down

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/18/only-america-is-sunday-day-after-thursday/

April 30 was followed by May 4; May 5 was followed by May 2, which was followed by May 7 — which in turn was followed by April 26. The dates had been re-sorted to create the illusion of a decline. The five counties were likewise re-sorted on each day to enhance the illusion.

These people should be executed... or at least sent to federal "pound me in the ass" prison.

8 minutes ago, red321 said:

Using the new Georgia calendar

Original-graph.png

Using a standard calendar

graph-with-corrected-x-axis.png

The also created a new logarithmic scale apparently

bad-fox-news-graph.jpg

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

These people should be executed... or at least sent to federal "pound me in the ass" prison.

I saw yesterday that the thing in Georgia was so blatant that Kemp actually apologized lol.  Anyway.  Fucked vibes. 

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm not keeping up with the news so much these days, especially about the virus because I'm sick of hearing about it constantly.

Spending some time watching old TV Westerns like Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. Matt Dillon is a badass in the early episodes which are running now.  "Get out of Dodge and don't ever come back. If I see you here again I'll kill you." Ah, the good old days.

Don’t blame you.  Better off just watching stuff you enjoy.  Nothing to see anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Republicans have such a fascination with cheating to get their desired results.

It's not a fascination as much as a requirement for them. Extreme gerrymandering, attempting to restrict voting rights and access to the ballot box, changing what elected officials (Democrats) can do after they win an election (see NC and Wisconsin governors)...hell, the electoral college. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

There is basically no solution to the problem.  Which is why I keep saying that my feeling is that we are in the midst of political collapse.  Which will result in other collapses.  But those can just remain unsaid.  Everyone hates politics. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 5/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, angelinkc said:

The virus is much older than 2-3 months. Never said one size fits all for the response. Sweden isn’t leading the pack in Europe but they are not dead last either. There goal was never to avoid death it was to preserve freedom. The Midwest isn’t mocking big cities. We simplify reject the idea of big city Chinese lockdowns given the population statistics you provided. We certainly would not lock down the country if Kansas and Missouri were the source of the outbreak. I understand your concern but the biggest threat here is economic collapse. As a nation We do not have the money or food supply to continue a lockdown through 2021. 

On 4/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, gotbeer said:

Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach ‘herd immunity’ in weeks

Just to put it in perspective.  Sweden ranks 10th in the world in deaths per million at 192.  Among large countries, it would rank 7th with Belgium leading at 540.  The US ranks 15th and is at 139 per million.  

On 4/22/2020 at 9:38 PM, Vladdylonglegs said:

Sweden is already a control group and has proven that shutting down the economy was the biggest fuck up of all time. 

On 4/8/2020 at 5:03 PM, Vladdylonglegs said:

Why can’t we be like Sweden and tell the vulnerable part of the population to stay home instead of ruining everybody’s life?