• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryu to Toronto 4/$80m

totdprods

10 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Ryu was a serious health risk, so I understand the Angels not signing him, but they still need a front end of the rotation starter.

I think that Reddit dude with his Price prediction ends up coming true now, which I guess is better than nothing.

Well he also had us signing Ryu.  

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

Sorry but 12 months ago everyone said Doug White was a wizard as a pitching coach.  I will wait and see what the results are with Callaway.

Doug White had no history to look back on. Callaway inherited the 14th of 14 rated AL staff in 2012, and turned them into the 7th of 15th a year later with largely the same guys. (Masterson, Jimenez, Kazmir, Kluber, McCallister was the starting 5 in 2013, of which Masterson, Jimenez, and McCallister returned from the previous staff). They ranked 5th the next year, then 2nd, 2nd, and 1st. (ERA is the stat I used here).

Everyone he inherited improved.

Also, Ryu pitched a total of 740 innings, in the 7 seasons the Dodgers had him.

192 innings in 2013, 152 the following year, then 0, 4.2, 126.2, 82.1, and finally 182.2.

HARD PASS @ 4/80. I'm Glad Eppler didn't make this move.

I find it funny that guys who wanted Ryu were down on Bumgarner for over use or throwing too many innings.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Also, Ryu pitched a total of 740 innings, in the 7 seasons the Dodgers had him.

192 innings in 2013, 152 the following year, then 0, 4.2, 126.2, 82.1, and finally 182.2.

HARD PASS @ 4/80. I'm Glad Eppler didn't make this move.

I find it funny that guys who wanted Ryu were down on Bumgarner for over use or throwing too many innings.

he also pitched 2,100 innings in Korea. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

he also pitched 2,100 innings in Korea. 

That has nothing to do with the Angels failing to sign him and being destined to lose!  He was the Savior for Eppler, Rendon and Trout. Now everyone will want to be traded. No decent player will want to play with the Angels because they are losers. My rash is now irritated just before the holidays. Thanks a lot.

• 7 months later...

The internet is fair game.

People always want to be in a spot of "I told you so" (even though no one cares) and leave themselves in a spot of "I agree"

There is no upside to making a prediction or assertion. If you are right, no one cares. If you are wrong, we make fun of you for a long time.

Now back to my Pio Deportes Twitter account.

• 4 weeks later...